• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Was really excited now not

Slim4son

This is because I have told people everyone has an pinion as though they know best hellllooooo I am the one who knows when ready and yes it's come to this don't you think if I can do this I would
Go to slimming world cambridge etc I have tried everything I hate confrontation and I just feel as though I shouldn't do it this now xxx

do what is right for you and not right for other people. i have been very selective with who i have told and am glad of that. i may tell more people in my own time xxx

Completely agree with Julie; only my husband knows and he is being fab as he can see how frustrated with myself I am now. I don't want anyone else to know as can't be doing with any unhelpful negativity x

When I decided I was going to go through with mine, I told very limited people.
I told a select few friends, and they tried to talk me out of it, saying I was lazy, I havent tried blah blah! And I started to have doubts but I went ahead and I feel so much positive and they do too, so if you were 100percent sure then go for it! Its worth it! xx

I have only told a few people as well, for the reason i dontwant confrontation or people saying i amlazy etc.
My famil seem supportive,but i have been told some of them have been saing things behindmy back, and only two other people know so far.

There are lots of mixed reactions, and people who say things like youre just lazy dont realise the effects of being so overweight, i HAVE tried everything, and i would think we all have, or our gp's wouldnt referr us in the first place.

try not to let other people get to you, not easy I know, but I am sure you will not regret your decision to go ahead

I have only told my family and a few close friends, not even telling the people i work with as will cause too much talk. When i first spoke to my mum she tried so hard to talk me out of it so i took her along to the inital consultation and her opinions changed, it a shame that some people see wls as a cheats way or just an easy way out. xx

your far from lazy resorting to any form of surgery takes when you have tried other methods. after all health also has to come into play. Ignore others who do not know what your going through they will always have different opinions.
Do whats good for you not them, be brave be strong. and good luck with what you decide :) I am sure you will not be put wrong by them in here who have gone through the same. welcome to the family

Hey hun, I have only told three people too as thought people would judge me and think i took the easy option. I can assure you its not an easy fix. Post op has still been hard work. If your not ready then you should not do it but ignore what others say. Its about you and only you.

hi , i just told a few close friends and family apart from one person who was rather off hand but i dont need her its her loss not mine as i will avoid her in the future,, you do as you think best xxxx

This is one of the biggest decision you may ever make, and for anyone to criticise you is completely out of order, they don't have to live with day to day things that go on, the abuse we get from people, saying we are a burden on society, the whole country is anti fat people because we get a raw deal from the media and are treated like aliens or freaks. Well stuff the lot of them, I am proud of the decision I made to have a bypass, my family and friends have been completely 200% behind me, although they worried of the outcome, but their support means everything. I know it's hard to ignore the misinformed bigots and critics, keep your head held high and be proud of yourself Hun, you are not alone. xx

Back