• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anger and frustration!!

I stalled for 6 weeks after and my weight goes up and down but over all it's going down. I feel your frustration!!! Had my band 3 months ago now and I've lost 30 pounds all together (14 pre op) I weigh myself everyday and drive myself mad!!! I find I weigh 2/3 pounds different over a morning so don't be too down!! Sounds like you are doing everything right to me. I've lost inches when I haven't been losing weight, which is really encouraging. I have lists and charts and graphs galore to keep my motivation going!!!!!! X

Lol thanks Dinkydink, me too, I chart everything, got graphs up the wazoo! Wow that must be really frustrating for you too I bet before you had the band you though 3 months out you would be more than 30lbs down? But on average it is 10lbs a month which is not too shabby :D
Even if I lost 1-1.5 a week with all the effort I am putting in I would be happy but going in the other direction by 3lbs when you are doing everything you are supposed to did make something in me snap on saturday!
But still I will be sticking with it and have a fill next week, still cannot figure out how it is going to help but who knows I have to be hopeful and optomistic right?
I only weigh myself once a week though as the fluctuations of doing it daily would have me a basket case lol :D
Thank you for the support it is really appreciated :) So sweet of you to take the time.

The average is good but most of it was in the first 2 weeks dagnammit! I have checklists too if anyone saw them they'd lock me up!!! Whatever keeps you on the straight and narrow though ey? Lol x

Hi Bella
More than happy to read and share your experriences, I think they are as valuable if not more than the instant successes (although always good to read about). We learn as much through adversity as we do triumph, although I do realise triumph is infintely more preferable. I know that I am likely to struggle too - my body has a history of holding on to everything, and I have had my thyroid tested 4 over 6 years to no avail.
I really admire your tenacity and determination even though it is looking like a uphill slog. Stories like yours will be my inspiration as much as any of the others and I look forward to cheering you into the 17's because we refuse to accept you will not get there. Some of us are tortoises and some of us hares - it is passing the winning line that matters in the end. Keep sharing, wailing and gnashing your teeth as often as needed - we are here to share and listen. Tracey xxx

Awww Thank you Tracey, that was a wonderful reply :)
Loved the tortoise and hare analogy and it is so true. I am feeling so much more optomistic again and comments like your and the other users really did get me through a dark weekend. But I am well and truly focused ahead now.
Its so nice to know that I can wail and moan and you have all been so patient and understanding. I LOVE THIS SITE :) lol
I have had my thryroid tested too and I hold on to everything have every symptom and still tests show nothing. But I will get there I am determined and like you say, slow and steady wins the race, its not where you start its where you finish...LOL I feel like I am breaking out into song now:)
Thank you so so so so so much, great support and advice, I hope along the road I can be there for you too :D

Bella

The average is good but most of it was in the first 2 weeks dagnammit! I have checklists too if anyone saw them they'd lock me up!!! Whatever keeps you on the straight and narrow though ey? Lol x

I hear you Dink, I lost 20lbs the first three weeks including pre op and now since pre op 6 weeks out am only 19lbs down lol...well I am going to have to laugh because I am certainly not going to cry.
Yeah I do not let anyone look at my charts and checklists, calling men to arrive with white jackets I am sure would ensue :D

Stories like yours will be my inspiration as much as any of the others and I look forward to cheering you into the 17's because we refuse to accept you will not get there. Some of us are tortoises and some of us hares - it is passing the winning line that matters in the end. Keep sharing, wailing and gnashing your teeth as often as needed - we are here to share and listen.

I agree with Tracey here. I am pre-op and am just finally seeing I have a place where I can share the fears, anger and frustration and be supported.

I'm sorry that you're going through such a frustrating time :( I know I will feel the same and that the ££ will always stick in my thoughts if it doesnt work as it should, or more so, as I hope it will.

Hi top kat,

Thanks for that but I am honestly no longer feeling frustrated. Its a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs and as long as I am staying on track I know it time it will come off. My body is still adjusting from surgery it is a shock for the body. Even though I feel fine physically does not mean internally hormones, water, organs etc are all caught up yet.
I did feel at the weekend I had flushed 5K down the loo but I do not feel that way now, honestly and truly feel I need to asses my sucess in 4 months not 4 weeks :D
Everyones journey is different and I hope yours is a great one too :D

I've had my band for 5 years now and have experienced exactly the same as you. I think I've abused my body so much over the years and then when eventually I tried to be sensible, I expected my body to conform and it didn't do. The only thing that works for me is not to weigh myself for ages but just keep plodding on. Sometimes I manage up to 6 weeks without weighing myself. Eventually my weight isn't as important as how I feel about myself and how much in control of my eating I am. Then when I do weigh myself, I'm usually pleased because I've not had to face not losing or putting on. It usually evens itself out over a few weeks. As far as the fills are concerned, you probably won't eat much less than you are doing, but it won't feel as much of an effort not to eat and you won't feel as hungry. Stick with it, honestly it will work. Don't despair xxx

I've had my band for 5 years now and have experienced exactly the same as you. I think I've abused my body so much over the years and then when eventually I tried to be sensible, I expected my body to conform and it didn't do. The only thing that works for me is not to weigh myself for ages but just keep plodding on. Sometimes I manage up to 6 weeks without weighing myself. Eventually my weight isn't as important as how I feel about myself and how much in control of my eating I am. Then when I do weigh myself, I'm usually pleased because I've not had to face not losing or putting on. It usually evens itself out over a few weeks. As far as the fills are concerned, you probably won't eat much less than you are doing, but it won't feel as much of an effort not to eat and you won't feel as hungry. Stick with it, honestly it will work. Don't despair xxx

Thanks Basketcase, that is so true. I am in a much happier place this week and have crossed a hurdle in my mind. I totally agree with you in everything you have said and I have realised that my band is just a tool and it has not been activated yet and when it does it is not about me eating much less but about coping more easily with the amount I do. I spoke to my dietician on monday to and she wants me to eat pasta and pitta breads things I have been avoiding and I feel so much better for it. It is a marathon not a sprint and I am just going to enjoy the jog :)
Thank you,
Bella.

Bella I had my band march 15th... To date I have only lost 36lbs so I am a slow loser too! I have stalled week after week but how I see it is...without the band I wouldn't have lost nor would I have maintained!

I now have 6.35ml in a 10ml band and have brilliant restriction so hoping to get a loss this week!

I have gone from a size 18-20 to 14 bottom 16 top... More over the moon about this than the weight loss!

I too will wait for good loses but don't think I will ever understand the band! X

Glad to hear you're feeling better. It's definitely an emotional rollercoaster this journey and its certainly not an easy one. This site is wonderful for support; I've only found out about it this last year or so. It's good to know you're not on your own and for people like you to share your experiences whether good or bad. Thank-you x

Hi there I had a stall at week 4 and a gain to its normal it's ur body adjusting 3 days later the 3 pound had gone plus 1 pound don't worrie about its prov just water x

Thank you vanessa for sharing and thank you basketcase for checking in on how I was feeling, very sweet of you :):)

Back