• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Was told to stay off all forums!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I spoke to a dietitian today at L&D and was asking them a few questions about whats good to eat or not etc, and mentioned that I get a lot of useful information of the forum, and I was told to stay off of all forums and scales and just enjoy my life.

She said that now I'm bypassed there is no need to diet anymore and no need to weigh myself ever again. She was saying that my pouch would tell me when I'm full and I could almost eat anything I wanted and my pouch would stop me over eating.

Something tells me she didn't have a good weekend lol

Sounds like the same woman that spoke to me earlier in the year.
Trouble is some of that makes sense.
Keep of the blooming scales, enjoy your new life and its not a diet its healthy eating for life. Says me who has had to go back to weight watchers after staying the same for months

Some of it made sense, but the tone didnt, I felt like I was back at school in the naughty chair lol.

I got to go back next week for my post op check up, hope I don't get her haha

i have seen all the dietitians at the l&d (diabetes clinic and obesity clinics) and each one will tell you something different ;) next time you go take a note pad ask a name that way you can say 'so and so told me so' ;)

You should ignore her, this place wouldn't be the same without your twenty threads a day mate :D;):flirt2:

Sounds like she read your "scales" posts lol.

Julie

Not been on the scales for ages, I won't know that I have only lost another blooming pound this week lol

Anyway just ordered a new push bike now, nothing special but there will be no stopping me now, Grafham water here I come. Another 10 mile circuit for me to conquer !

Beggers belief that these people have jobs at all!
You stick with us kiddo and dont leave till I say you can young man!Maz x

That sounds like the dietician I saw too lol and I am back there again on thursday so let's see if I get her again, she told me the forums are a waste of time, yet I have learned more here than they ever provided me!
Yes I agree we are not on a diet anymore but I have had a really rough couple of months and I have gone back to eating the "wrong" things again, but I can't over eat like I used to but due to reading other people's post and advice I has sort of kept me on track,
I know I am eating alot of carbs again but the weight it still coming off and the exercise is getting more so hopefully it will even out.
This forum is great for pre oppers and post oppers and the dieticians shouldn't be advising people off of them just because some forums are no good!
I will let you know what's said on thursday and if I am advised to stay away I will advise her to join up and have a look :)

It is totally wrong to think we are not on a diet post op. We are on a diet for life the pouch just takes the grind out of it.

Hi this forum and the stories help with the waiting and what to expect ? I learned more from this. Forum information his key

I was told there is no more dieting, as we can only eat small amounts then dieting isn't necessary yes we have to make good food choices but nothing is a no no as long as you can tolerate it. We are not slaves to diet food anymore ( just make sure there isn't too much fat or sugar lol)

I was told there is no more dieting, as we can only eat small amounts then dieting isn't necessary yes we have to make good food choices but nothing is a no no as long as you can tolerate it. We are not slaves to diet food anymore ( just make sure there isn't too much fat or sugar lol)

Glad its not just me then, thought I was going mad when I was told I'm not on a diet anymore, and when I said I'm reaching between 600-800 cals a day, I was told that's low isn't it lol

Luckily I don't have to see a dietitian when I go next week, but I know sometimes the nurses and dietitians do the same role.

My doctor told me that restriction will only last so long, and that the initial stage post-op is to teach us that we can live on less that 1000 cals a day. I guess the rest is up to us.

I have got my 3 month check next week even though it's more like 5 months! That was the closest date to my 3 months they could get! Not sure how often it is after this one,

everywhere is different... my consultant AND dietician TOLD me to read the forums on here...in fact they are the ones who told me all about the website and about the amazing amount of information and support i will find on here.... hmmmm

everywhere is different... my consultant AND dietician TOLD me to read the forums on here...in fact they are the ones who told me all about the website and about the amazing amount of information and support i will find on here.... hmmmm

Worry not people, I reckon this woman was just trying to get PG to stay away to save us from his two hundred daily threads :p :D ;) :p LMFAO

Back