• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Was told to stay off all forums!

I was told there is no more dieting, as we can only eat small amounts then dieting isn't necessary yes we have to make good food choices but nothing is a no no as long as you can tolerate it. We are not slaves to diet food anymore ( just make sure there isn't too much fat or sugar lol)

Oh i wish.... 'no more dieting?? what a load of twoddle... and most ppl 3yrs plus out wud agree with me... i was cooking on gas until i hit aabout 3 yrs post op... then sneaky pound here n there started creeping on.... until it got to about a stone n half... as i was right at the bottom end of my weight range..

it is a miff that you no longer have to watch your weigh or 'diet' our bodies start to compensate with the bypass... and things we got away with in the early days we dont at approx 3 yrs + out.....

i dont eat excessive amounts of fat or sugar as i cant..... but it didnt stop me gaining weight :-((

I spoke to a dietitian today at L&D and was asking them a few questions about whats good to eat or not etc, and mentioned that I get a lot of useful information of the forum, and I was told to stay off of all forums and scales and just enjoy my life.

She said that now I'm bypassed there is no need to diet anymore and no need to weigh myself ever again. She was saying that my pouch would tell me when I'm full and I could almost eat anything I wanted and my pouch would stop me over eating.

Something tells me she didn't have a good weekend lol

As my previous post... that is not true.... many ppl at around 3yrs post op find they have to start watching their diet... and diet due to weight gain.... i didnt weigh myself for a while and when i did found i had gained .... not good... now im back to weighing regularly... this keeps me in check...

maybe she hasnt had experoence of long term WLSers....x

You guys are lucky to have dieticians, I have had to ask my GP to refer me to one as I'm so unsure of what I'm supposed to be eating, being following advice on B.O.S.P.A site (british obesity surgery.....something or other lol)

Capiegirl have you had your op yet? If not you will be given a dietician when you start having hospital appointments before and after your op. (sorry cant see all the info on my iPhone)!

DIET!!!!!!!!!!

the word DIET has been abused for years ...........good diet bad diet diet to lose/gain weight low fat diet

:rolleyes:

Back