• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why don't Long Termer's stay around ?

Well I am improving, but my tummy still feels not quite right so have made an app with gp for this afternoon guna ask for lansoprasole, and I have a bad arm also which I am hoping to get sorted cannot lift anything above shoulder, very painful even just hanging my coat up is painful. Iam dropping to bits n don't hit 50 til next Dec. 2015. One good thing is all my bloods came back satisfactory to normal. so at least something is good I am eating healthy and taking my vitamins lol xxxx

Well I am improving, but my tummy still feels not quite right so have made an app with gp for this afternoon guna ask for lansoprasole, and I have a bad arm also which I am hoping to get sorted cannot lift anything above shoulder, very painful even just hanging my coat up is painful. Iam dropping to bits n don't hit 50 til next Dec. 2015. One good thing is all my bloods came back satisfactory to normal. so at least something is good I am eating healthy and taking my vitamins lol xxxx

Let us know how you get on with GPS Chrisa...my bloods came back all good.
Apart from my iron,that's just another problem that's ongoing!
I cannot wait till women's monthly things stop for good.
I've been told I need an hysterectomy,but I can't do with anymore tests and operations.
The past 2 days I've noticed my stomach playing up again,but I've missed a couple doses of my Lanza so I need to get back on.
Another thing I thought of..do you drink a lot of coffee? I've been told caffiene is bad for us when we've had stomach surgery.

I drink tea mainly, the doctor was a locum and she was convincing that she knew what she was talking about with my tummy till she came to treat my arm pain what are you like with ibuprofen. HAD TO EXPLAIN N RE GO OVER STUFF. HAVE GOT SOME LANSOPRASOLEAND SOME GEL FOR MY ARM. She was horrified at how long I suffered, she told me next time if its real bad like that again to geton all 4's and rub around the bowel area like winding a baby it still hurts but might bring it out quicker. She says if I eat a lot of fruit or veg more likely to get trapped wind, well whats our bloody main stay of a diet fruit n veg, don't think be seeing her again in a hurry, nutha one that knows nowt bout bariatric surgery. I did take a water sample with me but it was clear. xx She did say I will be sore for a few days well I knew that from experience. Waste of time really may as well just spoke to them over the phone. Ha d to wait nearly an hour as were running late xx

I drink tea mainly, the doctor was a locum and she was convincing that she knew what she was talking about with my tummy till she came to treat my arm pain what are you like with ibuprofen. HAD TO EXPLAIN N RE GO OVER STUFF. HAVE GOT SOME LANSOPRASOLEAND SOME GEL FOR MY ARM. She was horrified at how long I suffered, she told me next time if its real bad like that again to geton all 4's and rub around the bowel area like winding a baby it still hurts but might bring it out quicker. She says if I eat a lot of fruit or veg more likely to get trapped wind, well whats our bloody main stay of a diet fruit n veg, don't think be seeing her again in a hurry, nutha one that knows nowt bout bariatric surgery. I did take a water sample with me but it was clear. xx She did say I will be sore for a few days well I knew that from experience. Waste of time really may as well just spoke to them over the phone. Ha d to wait nearly an hour as were running late xx

It's a joke isn't it,I understand doctors can't be trained in everything,but what do us baratric patients do when we have an issue or query?
I completely get where your coming from my last visit to my local gp was quite useless.
He was a little better with his knowledge and just told me these pains are something I'll have to live with due to maybe scar tissue and natural occurrence from having any stomach surgeries.
See how you get on with the lanzaropsole,I do think they help,have you tryed gavison in the bottle?
I'm also given this from my gp,it's a bit stronger than behind the counter stuff,and I combine with buscopan and lanzaropsole when I'm quite bad,probely a good job we have each other to talk about it..lol x

Yeah having each other to talk too is very beneficial, especially at times like this. I told her I was on a large patient led web site and it was common in some patients less rather than more though. I went to sleep early last night footy was on son came up and watched it with hubby I went to bed shattered saw start of Holby City and that was it woke up now. Think it has taken its toll on me. I went to the fish shop after the docs for hubby's tea I got my self a fish in bred crumbs. enjoyed it, still left most of the bread crumbs but fish was lovely ate one chip but at least it was bland and no pain associated. I am pleased I didn't panic and resisted the urge to go to hospital or I would have been classed as a time waster. The problem for me is when the pain comes it radiates all over the bloody place it seems to hurt then ripples out if that makes sense. I was so bad on Saturday the pains wer in my pubic bones it was uncomfortable to sit on the bus to come home and I was doubled over, my dad took one look and said you don't look well whats wrong and dads don't really notice a lot, I know the pain was etched on my face. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Hope your tummy is settled at the moment and we continue to strive and progress further into the unknown territory of life after wls. xx

It's a joke isn't it,I understand doctors can't be trained in everything,but what do us baratric patients do when we have an issue or query?
I completely get where your coming from my last visit to my local gp was quite useless.
He was a little better with his knowledge and just told me these pains are something I'll have to live with due to maybe scar tissue and natural occurrence from having any stomach surgeries.
See how you get on with the lanzaropsole,I do think they help,have you tryed gavison in the bottle?
I'm also given this from my gp,it's a bit stronger than behind the counter stuff,and I combine with buscopan and lanzaropsole when I'm quite bad,probely a good job we have each other to talk about it..lol x

Yeah I so get what you mean by gps being useless... I went to ask for my b12 jab last month at what is turning out to be at my usual 6wks between but no because my b12 was just sitting just on the begining of the low end at 190 he decided that that it's maybe low blood sugar I'm suffering from & just like diabetics we "dump"?? ehhhhhh no the tiredness is constant I'm a aching, headachy, an insomniac after 3am, narky fuzzy thinking.....bang on my usual 6wks due time and once I do it's ALL THE TIME!! & miraculously several days after my jab I'm right as rain again. I know my own body I am not having a diabetic dump which btw is nothing like a bariatric dump mr GP.
He quite clearly has tried to do a bit of homework and has brisked through the material, gleaned a few facts from it, added 2 & 2 together and got 6 .... As a result I held back from having my next official jab at the 8 week mark because this would mean I would be suffering all of the above bang on my holidays :mad:. So have been in a complete fog for over month until I got mt jab on Tuesday...and guess what I am sooo much better not quite a 100% yet but I'm getting there. I was so annoyed I took the convo to my surgeon last week thinking maybe I had got the wrong end of the stick but he actually shook his head in dismay and reaffirmed that the info he has given is wrong.
There rant over! Thank you for listening :) xxx

Yeah I so get what you mean by gps being useless... I went to ask for my b12 jab last month at what is turning out to be at my usual 6wks between but no because my b12 was just sitting just on the begining of the low end at 190 he decided that that it's maybe low blood sugar I'm suffering from & just like diabetics we "dump"?? ehhhhhh no the tiredness is constant I'm a aching, headachy, an insomniac after 3am, narky fuzzy thinking.....bang on my usual 6wks due time and once I do it's ALL THE TIME!! & miraculously several days after my jab I'm right as rain again. I know my own body I am not having a diabetic dump which btw is nothing like a bariatric dump mr GP.
He quite clearly has tried to do a bit of homework and has brisked through the material, gleaned a few facts from it, added 2 & 2 together and got 6 .... As a result I held back from having my next official jab at the 8 week mark because this would mean I would be suffering all of the above bang on my holidays :mad:. So have been in a complete fog for over month until I got mt jab on Tuesday...and guess what I am sooo much better not quite a 100% yet but I'm getting there. I was so annoyed I took the convo to my surgeon last week thinking maybe I had got the wrong end of the stick but he actually shook his head in dismay and reaffirmed that the info he has given is wrong.
There rant over! Thank you for listening :) xxx

I joined site two years ago and not been on here for ages as I read all the success stories and large weight losses and felt dejected. My loss has been good but have not lost as much as I wanted to. Now I have constant loose bowels and can't see it changing. It effects everything. Any suggestions please anybody. It has been good but not the fairytale I had dreamed of. Thanks for reading.

A silly question and please tell me to shut up but...

Are you ladies no longer under the care of your teams? I know I have had a few complications and I am a relative newbie at 10 months out but my GP has admitted that this is not his area of expertise. He is open to being led by the hospital. If I need meds or have any issues as a result of my surgery I never go to the GP.

I wish you well. xx

I was discharged at 10 months post op. This is by far the earliest of anyone I've heard of, I've very much taken the view that my care is my responsibility. So I have to make my doctors do the things I want, haha. So far I've been exceptionally lucky in that I've had no post op issues, and no defiencencies. But I did recently have a stand up row with a receptionist at my GPs. I asked why they had not sent my 6 month blood test form, only to be told that I only needed bloods done annually and that I was wasting NHS money! She was told in no uncertain terms that she was wrong, and that it was not her decision to make. She got quite a shock when she found out I was a nurse that worked for the NHS!

Yeah I so get what you mean by gps being useless... I went to ask for my b12 jab last month at what is turning out to be at my usual 6wks between but no because my b12 was just sitting just on the begining of the low end at 190 he decided that that it's maybe low blood sugar I'm suffering from & just like diabetics we "dump"?? ehhhhhh no the tiredness is constant I'm a aching, headachy, an insomniac after 3am, narky fuzzy thinking.....bang on my usual 6wks due time and once I do it's ALL THE TIME!! & miraculously several days after my jab I'm right as rain again. I know my own body I am not having a diabetic dump which btw is nothing like a bariatric dump mr GP. He quite clearly has tried to do a bit of homework and has brisked through the material, gleaned a few facts from it, added 2 & 2 together and got 6 .... As a result I held back from having my next official jab at the 8 week mark because this would mean I would be suffering all of the above bang on my holidays :mad:. So have been in a complete fog for over month until I got mt jab on Tuesday...and guess what I am sooo much better not quite a 100% yet but I'm getting there. I was so annoyed I took the convo to my surgeon last week thinking maybe I had got the wrong end of the stick but he actually shook his head in dismay and reaffirmed that the info he has given is wrong. There rant over! Thank you for listening :) xxx

Frankie, I have my b12 every 12 weeks and my GPS are quite strict on that..
Something you mention about sleeping..my sleeping has never been the same since this bypass,it's just something I'm learning to live with now.
I can go bed,and get up several times throughout the night.
And regarding the b12,when I'm due my muscles really ache!
I do think as weightloss surgeries are becoming more done,I think all GPS should be given basic training and knowledge.
And I liked your rant!

I joined site two years ago and not been on here for ages as I read all the success stories and large weight losses and felt dejected. My loss has been good but have not lost as much as I wanted to. Now I have constant loose bowels and can't see it changing. It effects everything. Any suggestions please anybody. It has been good but not the fairytale I had dreamed of. Thanks for reading.

I think there's a few of us that would have like to have lost more weight,I had never got to target...I'm still 2 stones overweight.
Regarding loose bowels,I am looser..lol but sometimes that can be if I've ate something a bit fatty and when I need to go it's an urgent dash(too much info)
This surgery isn't a fairytale,it's hard work!...sometimes it's takes people to realise this when the honeymoon period is over.
But I'd still do it again...is there any more info you can give and someone might be able to help you?

I'm very blessed with my GP he admits this isn't his area but researches and contacts the Bariatric team if he's unsure... He is also socially friends with my surgeon. Which is a bonus! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

A silly question and please tell me to shut up but... Are you ladies no longer under the care of your teams? I know I have had a few complications and I am a relative newbie at 10 months out but my GP has admitted that this is not his area of expertise. He is open to being led by the hospital. If I need meds or have any issues as a result of my surgery I never go to the GP. I wish you well. xx

Hi,
As I'm 4 yrs post op I have yearly check ups where I had my op done with dr ammori.
I think any problems my local gp would refer me straight to Salford royal,or I'd just ring my surgeons secretary.
Sometimes you just have to be pushy or you don't get anywhere x

I was discharged at 10 months post op. This is by far the earliest of anyone I've heard of, I've very much taken the view that my care is my responsibility. So I have to make my doctors do the things I want, haha. So far I've been exceptionally lucky in that I've had no post op issues, and no defiencencies. But I did recently have a stand up row with a receptionist at my GPs. I asked why they had not sent my 6 month blood test form, only to be told that I only needed bloods done annually and that I was wasting NHS money! She was told in no uncertain terms that she was wrong, and that it was not her decision to make. She got quite a shock when she found out I was a nurse that worked for the NHS!

Wow discharged at 10 months,don't you have any check ups at all now by the hospital who did your surgery?
I know what you mean about bloods,I'm supposed to have mine checked frequent due to decencies and iron problems.
But unless I ask they wouldn't bother calling for me,and come to think of it I've actually forgot how often I should have them checked.
I think it's just been a case of when I'm with a nurse I just bring it up,but I'm going to have to ask what my baratric team recommend.
So many different rules/guidelines when it's comes to bypass info/care from different hospitals...I don't get it!as we've all had the same operation.

Yeah having each other to talk too is very beneficial, especially at times like this. I told her I was on a large patient led web site and it was common in some patients less rather than more though. I went to sleep early last night footy was on son came up and watched it with hubby I went to bed shattered saw start of Holby City and that was it woke up now. Think it has taken its toll on me. I went to the fish shop after the docs for hubby's tea I got my self a fish in bred crumbs. enjoyed it, still left most of the bread crumbs but fish was lovely ate one chip but at least it was bland and no pain associated. I am pleased I didn't panic and resisted the urge to go to hospital or I would have been classed as a time waster. The problem for me is when the pain comes it radiates all over the bloody place it seems to hurt then ripples out if that makes sense. I was so bad on Saturday the pains wer in my pubic bones it was uncomfortable to sit on the bus to come home and I was doubled over, my dad took one look and said you don't look well whats wrong and dads don't really notice a lot, I know the pain was etched on my face. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Hope your tummy is settled at the moment and we continue to strive and progress further into the unknown territory of life after wls. xx

Unknown territory after wls...isn't that so true...
I really feel a bit negative sometimes posting on here with issues,as most here are still in the honeymoon periods.
Anyway..have you noticed any difference yet with the lanzorosole.? X

Yes it has settled down nicely today is the 1 st day had no pain or even slight discomfort think can stop the buscopan now. Yes I don't speak on many threads either only a handful because I like you feel like its doom n gloom and I know some people would not like to hear it. xx

I'm very blessed with my GP he admits this isn't his area but researches and contacts the Bariatric team if he's unsure... He is also socially friends with my surgeon. Which is a bonus! :) Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's good....I do a lot of reading on USA sites for info,they are definetly more advanced in baratrics.

Yes it has settled down nicely today is the 1 st day had no pain or even slight discomfort think can stop the buscopan now. Yes I don't speak on many threads either only a handful because I like you feel like its doom n gloom and I know some people would not like to hear it. xx

Ahhh so glad to hear the lanzaropsole might be doing the trick..
I do have moments of regrets..especially when I got pains...i get over it pretty quickly....even quicker when I see I dress I want!..lol
We might be the only ones who get these types of pains on here?

It concerns me what will happen when we get further out of surgery, they are struggling to help us now so what happens as we progress further into the unknown abyss that awaits some of us. You know animals are allowed to suffer a lot less than us. I have requested bloods took uptil now only this last lot that were requested by hosp as they were letting my gp know that its my 3 rd anniversary of op and that its upto my gp now. The hosp will still be there should my gp want me referred back to them. This is th eonly reason I have had my bloods done the other times have been at hops. 2 in all. My B12 is every 12 weeks because the nurse works it out each time I go for it. Otherwise probably not be getting that either. I am due for a review with my doc so no doubt will have to tell him about what meds I need to stay on. joke really xx

It concerns me what will happen when we get further out of surgery, they are struggling to help us now so what happens as we progress further into the unknown abyss that awaits some of us. You know animals are allowed to suffer a lot less than us. I have requested bloods took uptil now only this last lot that were requested by hosp as they were letting my gp know that its my 3 rd anniversary of op and that its upto my gp now. The hosp will still be there should my gp want me referred back to them. This is th eonly reason I have had my bloods done the other times have been at hops. 2 in all. My B12 is every 12 weeks because the nurse works it out each time I go for it. Otherwise probably not be getting that either. I am due for a review with my doc so no doubt will have to tell him about what meds I need to stay on. joke really xx

That's what I mentioned,b12 injections they are very strict with...I made the hospital send a letter to my gps with all meds I needed including the lanzaropsole and the surgeon agreed I should stay on it to try and help with these pains.
Otherwise the gps was a bit reluctant to carry on with them never mind increase them to the 2 a day I need .
I am also going to query when I should be having my bloods checked,as they only ever get done if I chase them up.
Doom and gloom moment...at times I feel like I've swooped my fat health issues with new problems.
Maybe in a few years time doctors are going to have to get educated more in our surgeries,seen as though more and more people are having this done.

Back