• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wasn't Quite Sure How To Take This...

Do you know what I have barely told a soul and after seeing this post am quite glad x

I'm a very open and honest person and I'm certainly not ashamed of having had bariatic surgery. If someone has a problem with my life decisions that's their problem not mine. They obviously have issues of their own that they should be sorting out before trying to invent some for me. :)

I hope you dont think I meant that as a dig at you I certainly didn't mean it that way, I'm just not as strong in dealing with any negativity I suppose x

omg tht is soo out of order! your happy and you want to shout it from the roof tops! i know i sure do, and not 1 single person is goin to stop me being happy :)

if they have a problem with you being all happy then thats up to them they need to sort their own lives out nd not bring you down because you are finally living yours!

if they cant accept the new happy you then dont bother being around them and unfriend them on fb! if they ask why just say you didnt wanna see my happy positice wl related status' so now you dont as your not on my friend list :)

haha i do ramble on!

anyway keep up the good work and the positive attitude xx

nic x

Oh Kate, I was going to say the same as what you have already done... Post their message on your wall and de-friend them. What a madam, just a kid really at 20 and we all know what we were like at that age????? lol.

You carry on Kate and stuff them!!!

xxx

She was honest enough to say what most people think sadly! Most people are envious rather than happy for us. This forum is probably the only place where we can gladly show our results and shout at how happy we are because we all understand where we are coming from.

It's human nature to show envy over happiness for others, which is why I love my dogs sooooo much! They never judge me.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Kate you dealt with it brilliantly !!!
I don't care who knows about my op im not ashamed to have asked for help to save my life and if anyone has a problem with the fact i chose to save my life then they don't matter !!!!
True freinds never judge and would be there to support through all of lifes twists and turns xxxxxx
Kate you are a star hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw Kate, lovely :( people are people no matter what the subject matter is. We like to believe that everyone who purports to be a friend will be happy for us, but sadly some people just can't get the green sheen out of their eyes. :( :confused: :sigh: We do get used to the support on here & assume it will be carried on in our 'real' life. I have not told anyone but my immediate family for this reason as I have found to my cost, when having good weight losses in the past, that a smiling face & platitudes can often hide a real nasty streak of jealousy :wave_cry: These are the people who get most pleasure when the weight creeps back on & you are the same as them again :( I don't understand it, so this time have not given them the chance to comment ... it is our life to do what we feel best for us ... You are strong enough to cope with a few knockers & we are always here to support you too, honey xxx :):)
(ps, I hate FB, lol)

OMG - who needs enemies when you have 'friends' and i use the term very loosely - like that!!
i think you have responded in a very positive manner and that is all credit to you kate - well done.
remember - you are worth a thousand of them sad, ignorant and jealous people.
you are doing amazing on your wls journey and are an inspiration to people like me xx

I'm still reeling with shock. I had not anticipated jealousy or horrible negative reactions to this issue. Taking a bit of time to get my head around it to be honest.
Most of us have many comorbities alongside our weight issues. Nobody would be so negative as to suggest this if you just had diabetes, blood pressure, hernia , sleep apnea etc
Even stranges would be sympathetic. OMG that so called friends could do this. My dearest friend is still waiting for funding despite application 6 months before me in same hospital but different PCT. she is totally delighted with my success & has been so supportive. I, in turn, am helping with chasing & challenging her GP & PCT to try to get things moving for her. True friends! Good luck. X

Oh Kate that IS horrible for you. I've only just seen this thread cos I was on holiday.

All I can say is don't let any wet blankets put your fire out.

People don't realise what we go through having bariatric surgery. They think we have a quick op and the weight then drops off, so they think it's not fair.

They need educating!

Keep your chin up. Cos you only have 1 chin now! Lol

Xxx

Ask them do they know where the UNFRIEND button is and to use it !!!!

I really hope you're not feeling bad now Kate, how can "friends" not be happy for you, please, please dont stop your status's xxx

And Caren here is the very best example of someone who could well be jealous as she has been refused funding when all of us are bleating on about our successes, still being so happy for everyone. She's a shining example of how to behave and I admire you so much Caren. I really hope you get your sleeve abroad.

As to facebook, I agree, people should shut up; if they don't like it, don't read it.

However, (and I know this is controversial and not everyone will agree), I do believe in not rubbing other people's faces in what we have and what they don't have. If people do get jealous it can result in bad karma for you down the line. On a forum dedicated to weight loss surgery it's the right place to share your success, but maybe "out there", a private facebook group could be set up just for people interested in your weight loss journey.

I dunno, I prefer keeping a low profile to avoid jealousies. But as I said, that's just me! :)

Then again, I don't think those people are your real friends, if they were, they would be happy for you.

And Caren here is the very best example of someone who could well be jealous as she has been refused funding when all of us are bleating on about our successes, still being so happy for everyone. She's a shining example of how to behave and I admire you so much Caren. I really hope you get your sleeve abroad.

Here Here Ruthie :):):) she is fabulous, no doubt, & has supported me every step of the way :):) xxx

As to facebook, I agree, people should shut up; if they don't like it, don't read it.

However, (and I know this is controversial and not everyone will agree), I do believe in not rubbing other people's faces in what we have and what they don't have. If people do get jealous it can result in bad karma for you down the line. On a forum dedicated to weight loss surgery it's the right place to share your success, but maybe "out there", a private facebook group could be set up just for people interested in your weight loss journey.

I dunno, I prefer keeping a low profile to avoid jealousies. But as I said, that's just me! :)

Then again, I don't think those people are your real friends, if they were, they would be happy for you.

I totally agree about not rubbing anyones face in the fact that I have had the op and can't. It was her daughter who sent me the pm not the friend and she was upset with her daughter and apologised to me for it. I have supported her all the way, she suffers from bad health and type one diabetes and depression and there's not a lot I wouldn't do for her to be honest. She's a lovely person. I just think that she's probably been down lately and had a moan to her daughter about being fat and pointed out my post to her daughter who was also on my friends list and said it's not fair bla bla bla and the daughter has got cross about me posting updates.

Thing is you can't never post about your husband taking you out somewhere special just incase someone on your friends list has just left theirs or lost them etc. I will no doubt post a note to my Mums wall on Mothers day but I'm hoping it wont upset any of my friends who have lost their Mums. I really think that if they can't accept whats going on in other peoples lives then they are using the wrong site. Sorry but that's just how I feel.

Kate x

Head up, chest out and be proud of all you have achieved and are still achieving. Its not your fault that someone is still waiting and we all know how difficult it is to cope with weight issues. There are so many ups and downs with weight issues and its hard not to shout for Joy when at last things seem to be going well. I for one feel so pleased when people post how well they are doing and i can still get a little low when i feel maybe i'm not doing as well (my issues:) But thats me and my insecurities lol. So WELL DONE YOU and keep shouting out your good news. I am sure that when their time comes they to will feel the same and want the to world know. x

its not like you popped on a band and the weight fell off, youve had to work hard to where you are now, i would explain that in a public status then tell them if there jealous to delete you, if not have a clean out on facebook :D

Press the delete button and keep on posting your status you be proud of what you have achieved, IF THEY ARE THAT BOTHERED THEN THEY CAN GO DOWN THE SAME ROUTE AS YOU HAD TO. X

cu16 said:
Press the delete button and keep on posting your status you be proud of what you have achieved, IF THEY ARE THAT BOTHERED THEN THEY CAN GO DOWN THE SAME ROUTE AS YOU HAD TO. X

I completely agree :)

Back