• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BAND TO BYPASS

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys and Gals.

I dont know if some of you are aware ( I wasnt) that some pct are stating in the NICE guidelines that they will not convert from band to bypass if the band fails or doesnt work for you . ( I myself am not having any probs etc, quite happy infact) but I thought I would make some people aware of this and get them too check with their pct guidelines as there seems more and more ppl are converting from band to bypass, for some this wont be a possbility, obviously a big shake up on some pct and nhs resources - Hope no one minds me sharing this information - Julie xxx

My PCT ( Birmingham North East) has always been clear that they will only fund one procedure. I do think if there was a physical problem with the band though that we'd have the right to appeal in any PCT.

Guess im lucky i live where i do then.

Thats really unfair, if there are problems with the band and its no fault of the patient they should be prepared to halp in some way XX

I think if it's a 'band' problem then it should be sorted by the provider!

However i know of one person, i hasten to add not a member of this site, who has not used their band properly, eats crap, drinks very regularly and has mentioned converting as it's not working for them. Sorry but i don't think they are working properly for their band..

Genuine cases should be sorted though and Liz, i'm glad you live where you do too xx

I think if it's a 'band' problem then it should be sorted by the provider!

However i know of one person, i hasten to add not a member of this site, who has not used their band properly, eats crap, drinks very regularly and has mentioned converting as it's not working for them. Sorry but i don't think they are working properly for their band..

Genuine cases should be sorted though and Liz, i'm glad you live where you do too xx

I think that's where the difference should lie. Like you say, if it's a fault with the band itself, then you should be entitled to corrective procedures, but if it's you that's not working with the band, then I can understand the NHS refusing.

I think that's where the difference should lie. Like you say, if it's a fault with the band itself, then you should be entitled to corrective procedures, but if it's you that's not working with the band, then I can understand the NHS refusing.

i got to a bmi of 28 with my band for plastic surgery, he sliced thru my band, not my fault there was no trouble when i requested a convertion just a dam long wait, but i didnt mind that x

Back