• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh In at the Bander's Cafe!

FeeBee

You look fantastic! Well done :)

countrywench

Rofllll so sorry blossom ! I blame carb withdrawal hahaha ! Your looking incredible !

countrywench

I'm after another 4st approx for my main goal .. This will enable me to have my knee done which is so darn painful .. I thought it would get easier for my knee after losing so much weight but there are days when it's just rediculous and I have to double up on painkillers just to be able to function with it ..
But hey ho I'm a whole lot closer to getting it done than I was before April !
Must get round to doing another set of pics ..
Xxxx

Neticak

Is the Banders Cafe closed for business... I need some help!

Hi all, so after being off site for a couple of months I'm really starting to lag. Since my last fill in August I've lost a whopping 4lbs. I've been going to the gym (a lot less regularly) but my portion sizes have increased. Not to anywhere near where they were before but they are more like a full side plate size rather than a sparse one as used to be the case. I haven't been too concerned about it as I have really just being enjoying myself, life, kids, work etc. Now we're coming to the end of the year, my surgeriversary is coming up in February and I have 1.5 st until I'm in the healthy BMI range. It seems I am so close to my goal I can almost touch it but now that I've stalled out it's getting harder!

Advice/Suggestions???

xoxox

countrywench

Well I wouldn't worry about losing weight this side of Xmas to be honest as I think that is a massive ask of anyone trying to lose weight ..
as for your portion control .. do you think your at restriction ? Do you ever get an episode of food getting stuck even if you have chewed it to death ? If not then maybe you need a slight top up just to get you going again ..
I'm going to be brutally honest here and tell you what I worry about with my band ..
I'm scared of eating to much and either making my new tiny stomach section stretch or I put to much pressure on the band where it is stitched to the side of my stomach . I'm very mindful of how much is hitting the band when I eat and the pressure it may be putting it under as the last thing I want is to have it slip due to me being a pig ..
when faced with a meal I eat approx half , slowly , thoroughly chewing ,
I put my cutlery down between bites. Head up looking around instead of at my plate .. then after half , I wait for a few mins , cutlery down , resting , until the food in my throats has reached my stomach , most of the time I realise Ive had enough and I can feel a slight pressure and I know if I eat any more I'm going to be putting my band at risk ..
These are things I think every Bander should keep in mind when eating anything , esp heavy meat meals ..

What amounts have you got in your band ? I'm up to 7.2ml in my 10ml band , and it's perfect for me without tempting any problems ..

Are you hungry or head hungry .. that's a batttle hard fought..
Keep your eye on the end line lovely
Xxxxx

Neticak

Thanks Mindy, have been catching up on your diary and looks like you're doing fab and you look amazing in your profile pic! Well done you!

I had a bit of a scare last night... I started getting a twinge of stomach ache at around 3pm, didn't think too much of it as I was on the school run and thought it was just a bit of wind and would be fine once I went to the loo. Got home at about 4.30 and it started getting worse, I tried powering through as my girl was getting her badge at swimming. Took her there and by 5.45 when I got back home I literally could not stand up straight and was in tears. My immediate thought was that it was a problem with my band - my stomach had bloated out to the point that my jeans were now tight and cutting into me, when in the morning they were loose. I tried ringing THG emergency line as in my book it says its an emergency if you get severe abdominal pain that lasts more than an hour, was a complete waste of time and just kept cutting off (I'll be calling them today to tell them off!). I took some pain killers and managed to get myself an emergency appointment at the GPs. She had a feel around and said she didn't think it had anything to do with my band but maybe my bowel was in spasms and prescribed buscapan; told me to come back if it didn't get any better. By the time I got back from the Dr's it was starting to settle and I had a sleep, when I woke up after about half an hour it was much milder. But boy it scared the heck out of me. My band and me seemed to be getting on just fine but I'm about to phone THG to get some advice.

My stomach still feels a little dicky now and is still slightly bloated, I'm burping like a mad woman too

xox

countrywench

Wow Net that's sounds sore Hun !
I hope you get some advice from your team .. hopefully it was just your bowel messing about and not your band :(
Xxxx

LuLuXo

Hello everyone!
I have not been on here in absolutely FOREVER! Life has been very busy! I have bought a flat with my boyfriend, finished my teacher training and got a job teaching 11-18 year olds social sciences which I have just had to quit. Was roughly about 4.5 hours of driving a day and I couldn't take it- I nearly fell asleep on the motorway the day I resigned! I have been under so much pressure that I have been having a bit of a free for all, I haven't yet weighed myself but I am starting back on the healthy eating today! I don't feel like the damage will be too bad (my clothes still fit- even the tight ones LOL)

Don't mean to be all 'new year new me' but I have been almost looking forward to christmas being over so I can get back on target and now is a perfect time to do so! I want to get down to 14 stone- me and my partner are planning on trying for a baby in the next couple of years and I want to be as fit as possible.

How has everyone been? Mindy you are looking absolutely FABULOUS! WELL DONE!! It was so nice to come back and see how you have succeeded. You have certainly reinspired me to get back on and lose more weight!

How is Crystal? Anyone hear from her recently? I hope she is doing well!

And Neticak...

Is the Banders Cafe closed for business... I need some help!

Hi all, so after being off site for a couple of months I'm really starting to lag. Since my last fill in August I've lost a whopping 4lbs. I've been going to the gym (a lot less regularly) but my portion sizes have increased. Not to anywhere near where they were before but they are more like a full side plate size rather than a sparse one as used to be the case. I haven't been too concerned about it as I have really just being enjoying myself, life, kids, work etc. Now we're coming to the end of the year, my surgeriversary is coming up in February and I have 1.5 st until I'm in the healthy BMI range. It seems I am so close to my goal I can almost touch it but now that I've stalled out it's getting harder!

Advice/Suggestions???

xoxox

I feel exactly the same, its really hard when you have had a lot of success because even if you aren't losing you still aren't anywhere near how big you used to be. I know I am still overweight now, but it is all relative and when I remember how big I used to be I feel tiny even though I still need to lose about three stone haha. I feel as though my portion sizes have definitely increased too, and I have been eating things over christmas that quite literally would have made me cry a couple of years ago. I think its just important to remember that we needed WLS because we struggle with food, and I don't think that that struggle ever goes away, I'm still trying to learn how to manage it! It is always worrying because it feels like either I am really going for it and start to get stupid about food choices, get obsessed and barely eat anything or I am the complete other way and munching on whatever I want. Just wish I could find a happy, healthy medium. But it has been nearly four years and I am still trying to find that balance. Kind of just resigned myself to the fact that I will be dieting forever :'(

Anyway, that was long over due. Really hope everyone is well, happy new year!

Lu xxx

Crystalrainbow

wooohooooo glad to see you're rekindles the old cafe...... what days weigh day ???
I weighed on monday -3 which i was chuffed with.......am sure it gets harder every time i fall off the wagon

good luck all this week ...butts in gear ladies x x x x

countrywench

I am around .. been knocked out cold by this damn flu virus thingy for well over a week .. trouble is it's made me eat like a horse ! The damn headaches are making me so miserable :( ..
sneezing and peeing myself is another by product ! Hahahah !
Put on about 5lbs over the Xmas period and this sickyness so not to bad .. must have been scoffing the right kind of foods somewhere along the line ...
Come Monday , when I'm feeling a lot better I'm back on the clean foods .. made a huge pot of thick chicken stew for the freezer ..
hope you are all ok out there ?
Hugs and snotty nose
Xxxxxx

Hannah2

Hope you feel better soon @countrywench sounds as if you have been rough.

LuLuXo

Hi guys!

Oh Mindy, poor you! Hope you start feeling better soon! I have had to take myself in hand too- finally weighed myself after a good few months off the band wagon (so to speak) and I've put on a stone :( I knew it was going to happen but i've really upset myself. Feeling quite unattractive at the moment- Hope to get this stone off in the next couple of weeks! I'm going to the Dominican Republic in July so I have quite a while to get myself in to shape- really dont want to be feeling like a big whale the whole holiday! Im sure the poolside will be full of skinny women with big bums in tiny bikinis which doesnt do much for ones self esteem :D

Im so glad I can come on here for support- its so hard doing it alone, especially when you manage to get yourself back into a rut! I'm going to start back posting some recipes and pictures of my dinner again haha. I can't remember the weekly weigh in but shall we say it is every Friday?

Keep trucking on ladies!!

LU XXX

MissB'sjourney

Hi all glad I found some banders in here! I've been reading a lot of your posts (hope that's ok, I'm not a creep I promise!) and I'm so inspired by your stories, it's really helping me today. I'm only on day 3 of the preop diet and struggling! Also giving up my beloved Diet Coke which is much harder than I thought it would be.

Just wondering if anyone did the chicken/fish and veg preop? It says I can have tomatoes but not sure if that means tinned tomatoes? I can have peppers so was looking to make a tomato and pepper soup.

Any info is appreciated thanks!
Jill xxx

Crystalrainbow

Hey Jill welcome along hunni :) congrats on making it thus far :) and good luck for whats ahead......
I did a food version of the LSD i wasn't allowed tomatoes on my diet because they are carbs ...in fact it was only green veg i was allowed..... but tbh there are so many different versions of lsd who knows !!! LOL just follow the diet you've been given and all will be well..... promise :) personally if it says toms i would stick to fresh rather than tinned (added stuff) best to be on the safe side ehhhh

good luck sweetness and welcome again....sorry most of us banders are more lurkers these day BUT please done hesitate to shout (loudly) were always happy to help.... post on our diarys too its a great way to get our attention x x x xx x x

MissB'sjourney

Hi @Crystalrainbow :) hanks for the lovely reply and well done on your surgery you've done amazingly well! yeah I noticed most posts are from sleeves or bypass people these days, it's still nice though as they understand the journey.

I've stayed away from tinned tomatoes just incase as it does have added preservatives. I'm just craving carbs like never before. It's so hard. Thank god for sugars free jelly and oxo!

Only 9 days to go!

Neticak

The banders cafe is back in service - wahoo! Belated Happy New Year to you all.

Lovely to hear from you all, I thought lulu and crystal had dropped off the grid!

I'm with you Lu, so glad xmas is over so I can get back on track. Since my last post we went on a mini break to marrakech for New Years and I bought myself a whole new size 12/14 wardrobe which was the funnest shopping experience I've had for over a decade! Looking at the photos I am so pleased that at round about this time last year I took the plunge and decided that the band was for me and I had to stop putting it off and get it done already. 10 months ago I was over 15 stone, size 18/20 if I was lucky and felt like a complete failure and frump. Now I feel like a springy, cocky dare I say it slim(mer) more positive version of myself.

What I've learnt from this site and you amazing ladies is that this a life long journey and we all knew it wasn't going to be a quick fix magic operation that was going to make us size 0 over night.

I'm looking forward to this next part of my journey, albeit a little scared at how hard it's going to be to get back my head back into gear, and thank you ladies immensely for all your support and being that voice of reason when I need it.

Xoxo

Crystalrainbow

Good to see you Net :) am still here sweetie...never far away promise :) wtg on what you've achieved and good luck on th next bit........not going to lie lol its not easy.... every day its a new step a new battle....... you ve done amazing thus far get that head right bavk on it......speaking from experience the longer its left th harder it gets x x x