• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss After Surgery

Angiebaby0407

:wave_cry: hi everyone, i had my op on the 2nd feb andwithin the 1st 2 weeks i lot 20Lbs mostly because i was in hospital longer and was quite ill with a infection, since coming out ive only 2-3lbs :sigh: this is getting me quite down!! do i maybe need to intake more to lose more, should i be worried or is this normal . ive got my next appointment on the 7th march wiv my consultant should i tell them my concerns ? plz help xx :cry:

hi, sure someone with more experience than myself will be along soon.

What op did you have?
Just want to give you my best wishes, good luck hun.

Angiebaby0407 said:
:wave_cry: hi everyone, i had my op on the 2nd feb andwithin the 1st 2 weeks i lot 20Lbs mostly because i was in hospital longer and was quite ill with a infection, since coming out ive only 2-3lbs :sigh: this is getting me quite down!! do i maybe need to intake more to lose more, should i be worried or is this normal . ive got my next appointment on the 7th march wiv my consultant should i tell them my concerns ? plz help xx :cry:

Don't worry, a stall in the 3rd week is very common as your body goes into panic mode. It should start again soon!

I lost nothing after first week it is gutting but starts back up xx

Oh don't worry yourself lovely. It's perfectly normal and it all catches up in the end. Your body has just been through trauma (a lot of trauma in your case) and needs to work out what's going on. It definitely will work it out though...just relax, keep eating protein to help the healing and everything else will fall into place x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back