• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss + clothes= ???

cancerian02

ok please help, what on earth do you do when, your losing weight everyday,:D your clothes are getting too big and long and you still cant fit into a smaller size?:confused:
any ideas? x

i go to all the charity shops and get fantastic clothes for next to nothing then i give them all back when they become to big, ive not bought anything brand new ive even bought clothes that have been to small but have shrunk into them xxxx

What a fantastic idea. Going to hit the charity shops tomorrow :D

ok please help, what on earth do you do when, your losing weight everyday,:D your clothes are getting too big and long and you still cant fit into a smaller size?:confused:
any ideas? x

I can only think to use a belt, should bring clothes in and up, iuswim

What a fantastic idea. Going to hit the charity shops tomorrow :D
im totally addicted to them i go at least once every 2 weeks i only buy decent makes ie next marks and sparks because they wash well and look good for longer so when they go back they still look goodxxxxxxx

What about adjusting your clothes? You can add elastic to waistbands would that help?

any ideas? x

Belts, elasticated waisted items
and how about maternity jeans from charity shops or ebay
Try looping an elastic band through the button hole on your trousers and hook it on to the button just make sure you wear long tops to cover them :D

thanks everyone. tried belt. it pulls you in but im tripping over my skirts and joggers. im quite short! i could try charity shops, if they have my size, as sometimes they still dont quite reach it and to have my clothes adjusted, will cost money, so you may aswell buy something new.
my other down fall... bras!
anyone else having these probs?

Go to Asda and Matalan for cheap stuff in big sizes if charity shops dont have anything for you.You will soon get all your stuff from them!What size are you in at the mo?

Iv been using eBay

Am busy putting a load of my stuff up on there now, what size are u xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ebay ebay ebay!

Been buying clothes from there that are 1/2/3 sizes too small for less than £2 each, always making sure I have at least 2 nice work tops that fit really well, alongside a couple that are a bit baggy. Elasticated waists on trousers are a godsend as well atm, as I'm wearing anything from a size 20 to 24 at, depending on the cut and style!

Buying skirts/trousers with belt loops are a good way of making clothes last a bit longer, but trying to find them in practice is a little more difficult, especially when it comes to skirts! :)

Get the needle and thread out or invest in a cheap sewing machine? I've been selling my clothes that are too big on ebay and using the money I make to buy new ones, that way I'm not spending much of my salary on clothes at all!

:tshirt:

xxx​

I have stuff in a couple of sizes too small, from while I was still gaining weight, but it's all good stuff and hardly worn, just waiting for me to start having a look through. But that doesn't answer your problem . . .
Can only suggest taking your hems up :/

You've set me off...just bought a pair of next black trousers for 4.99 off eBay...as I'm in 18s now, they're a 16 so see how long before they fit me to wear...could be a good motivator always having one pair of trousers next size down waiting, and can keep on trying them! never bought clothes off eBay but you know what..it's enough to pay for the short amount of time I intend to fit them!! X

How about starting a clothes exchange on this site. As I outgrow mine I'd be more than happy to pass them onto anyone who wants them?
x

Fab idea!

Back