• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss Management at Salford???

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Hi all,

Ive been away on holiday for a week and have a letter waiting for me inviting me to see a dietician for 40 minutes for an initial assesment.
Is this the start of my weight management course? or is it something different? Does anyone know?

Thanks guys.

:confused:

Dunno..........I saw a doc first so I cant really help Lou, sorry.......hope you had a lovely holiday though :D X

Hi Lou

I had that happen to me and I saw a lady called Fiona. It is to get an idea of how you have come to be over weight. What your diet is like now and how things could be changed. I then saw a doc a few weeks later and he advised me that i needed to attend the group meetings, research the operations, decide which operation i would prefer and keep seeing the dietican. You only get to see the Psycologist after your funding has been agreed as she has to sign you fit for surgery. It took me 12 months to go through the system and get funding from Oldham. Oldham are very strict about you going through all these hoops and the dietician writes to oldham every time that you see her so that they can confirm that you are trying as does the doctor. Things happen quite quickly once the funding has been agreed. Good luck the 12 months goes quite quickly and i know people have waited alot longer than that. x

All I can say is thank goodness I live in Bury xx 3 months from group meeting to surgery! But 12 months will pass quickly xx

I live in Bury and had my bypass last week I waited nearly 3 years.
It depends if you fit the criteria and if you have to go on a weight management course. or have other ongoing tests.ia
I fitted the criteria originally but then they couldnt decide on a criteria till a few months ago when they changed everything. Then its just luck new people who fitted the criteria flew through even though people on the existing list had been waiting years like me.

Back