• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss related TV & radio programmes

Home & Health ... 4pm today ... Beyond big ..

miranda weighs 571lbs and is battling to lose weight. we follow her over a year as she hopes to be transformed by a life-saving but risky operation

A friend of mine told me last week that she had watched a gastric band operation on one of the health and fitness channels on sky last week (or the week before). Did anyone see it????? Can anyone remember what it was called??? I'd really love to watch it xx

Hiya
they do a lot of band/bypass operations on a show called "family fat surgeons", which is a father and son team of bariatric surgeons, based in Texas I think. Surgeons names are Garth and Robert Davies, I really enjoy watching it because they also give you a bit of background info on each patient etc. I think it is on the discovery channel, you have to have sky, but I cant remember the channel number. Its a good show tho.

MyNewLife

The Hospital - C4 9pm Tuesday 21st April 2009

The final part of the series looks at the cost to the NHS of Britain's increasingly obese teens. At Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham, younger and younger patients are being referred for help.

i must remember to watch this - I believe the rest of the series have been very good.

He seems really nice and extremely caring. I watched fat doctors the other evening. Very good programme!

Wanda, thanks very much. I read the transcript from start to end and it was like reading my story (and most of everyone else's on here I woud think). Bariatric surgery should be made more readily available as a mainstream treatment.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it but there has been three programmes on weight loss on channel 4 recently called the hospital. It's on the ch4 website and it's quite interesting to watch.

Supersize Teens: Can't Stop Eating 9pm, ITV1, Monday 1st June 2009

More than 200,000 Americans undergo dangerous weight-loss surgery every year, and as the obesity epidemic spirals, the patients are getting younger. This documentary follows 24-stone 13-year-old Laura Broach as she has gastric bypass surgery and 14-year-old Victoria Jordan who is paying $25,000 for a reversible gastric band in a bid to lose some of her 19 stone. Featuring unprecedented access to hospital operating rooms and footage of the teenagers' families as they struggle to make the right decisions for their daughters.

Just watched The Fat Doctor where Daniel (50 stone man) dies. So sad, and has scared me a little bit!!! I know his case is completely different to mine!!! Does make you wonder what will happen though!!!

grrr Daily mail can't get facts right

Gastric band surgery left these sisters 22st lighter | Mail Online

Just read this in Daily "Fail".Why the hell can't they get their facts, or headline right?:mad::mad:These 3 women were on GMTV last week saying how great their bypasses had been, so why all the scaremongering now?:confused::confused:
It sums the whole paper up that they can't even get the headline right:mad::mad:

Daily Mail is a shocking excuse for a paper, I dont think Ive ever heard any paper be so slated as it is

Back