• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss stall

rambo

leicester tigers
well after a terrific start and a real good run my weight loss has come to a stop , for the last 10/12 weeks i have not lost any weight , i,m starting to worry a little now as i want to lose another 3/4 st i have an appointment with the dietitian at heartlands hospital on the 4th Oct,, just want to get back on track any ideas as to stall ? i know it happens i want to see if i can start the weight loss again any ideas ?

sorry Rambo i have no idea, but im sure someone can halp you, good luck :) x

I stalled for just over 2 weeks and then off it went again but 10-12 weeks thats a long time to stall maybe your body has reached a point and just cut off even though you havent good luck hope it starts again for you.

well after a terrific start and a real good run my weight loss has come to a stop , for the last 10/12 weeks i have not lost any weight , i,m starting to worry a little now as i want to lose another 3/4 st i have an appointment with the dietitian at heartlands hospital on the 4th Oct,, just want to get back on track any ideas as to stall ? i know it happens i want to see if i can start the weight loss again any ideas ?

Hiya mate long time no see

This is a difficult question to answer without more information. We need to know what you're eating and how much, and what exercise you're doing and how often.

Often with stalls us former fat gits revert back to previous behaviour ie we cut back drink less fluids, feel sorry for ourselves and eat badly for a few days and so the cycle continues. Often it's because our bodies have adapted to our eating/exercise regime or are not eating enough protein and we either need to change it about or just increase our protein intake.

Try a food logging site and be totally honest with what you're eating/drinking and doing. Post these things here too so we can have a better idea of how to help

Often with stalls us former fat gits revert back to previous behaviour ie we cut back drink less fluids, feel sorry for ourselves and eat badly for a few days and so the cycle continues. Often it's because our bodies have adapted to our eating/exercise regime or are not eating enough protein and we either need to change it about or just increase our protein intake.

This is so me............ thanks for the advice Karlos sound as usual.

hi Carlos
to be honest i think i have been eating to many carbs i have an appointment with the dietitian on the 4th Oct at heartlands hospital ,
it just seem after nearly months i have let it slip a little and not drinking as much as i use too and taking my eye of wot i eat not the amount the type of foods i have now started to write down and watch wot i now eat cutting back on the carbs i will be getting the bike out and do a bit more on that now also i do a great deal of walking and i am always busy , but the main thing is i have recognized that i have a bit of a problem and can now address it ,
thanks for the sound advice chap
and to all who have taken the time to read and replied
be glad to have a good chat with the dietitian on the 4th,,
many thanks Steve

Whilst your weight loss may have stalled, is your body still changing? Although my plateau only tend to last a week or so, I find that my body is still changing, my waist size in still shrinking as are my moobs. I exercise at the gym regularly and have now added cycling and I can start to see muscles growing under the fat. Is your overall health still improving still? If all else fails, shock your system for a week and go back to the milk diet. It is something that you know works and it is easy to work out your input and it should prove that you can still lose weight.

Chris

Whilst your weight loss may have stalled, is your body still changing? Although my plateau only tend to last a week or so, I find that my body is still changing, my waist size in still shrinking as are my moobs. I exercise at the gym regularly and have now added cycling and I can start to see muscles growing under the fat. Is your overall health still improving still? If all else fails, shock your system for a week and go back to the milk diet. It is something that you know works and it is easy to work out your input and it should prove that you can still lose weight.

Chris

Sorry Chris but this is really bad advice. We all failed for many years with yo yo dieting and that's because they simply do not work. If my mate here followed your advice he might well lose some weight but most of it would be water and as soon as he started to eat "normally" again it would go back on, that IS one thing us previous failed dieters do know about.

The OP has identified his problem and knows what he needs to do to sort it out. Successful WLS is about making changes for life, not reverting back to faddy short term diets that simply fail.

Good luck Rambo, you have done brilliantly and with some work you know you can sort this out.

Back