• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss

mouse57

Don't know if anyone else has watched or has made any comments on here but I'm just watching a repeat of Katie Hopkins My Fat Storie and if ever I wanted to smack someone its her what an arrogant person. I have watched her on The This Morning Program but my god what a *****. She now thinks she has an understanding has she not proved what we already know when you put weight on and you diet you never loose all of it and you keep some, so the next time you go on a diet you loose some but not all and keep some and so on. she had made me so angry. If it was that easy we would all be thin from choice. Rant over just had to vent coming back up,for air now.

Last edited:
Didn't watch the programme. As don't want the silly *** to get ratings.

Although I would love to punch her in the face ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I watched it, it was interesting that despite all that exercise she was only able to lose just over two of the three stone she put on within her timescale. So it shows that even for someone who is naturally a very lean person weight loss is very difficult.
Also interestingly a skinny person seems to have no interest in food, she took no enjoyment from eating. An overweight person is absorbed by their food..it's interesting to watch.
Her experiment was really very pointless but entertaining non the same.
I think over eating and a love of food comes from the days of survival..I would have been well away in those days...if you weren't interested in food you would have had no drive to hunt...
Anyway who cares what she thinks it has no impact on me, I found the program after more interesting! The 42st woman in Miami..Jesus she just literally killed herself despite having 6 children who needed her...that was quite sad, shows what an addiction food can be, she needed some serious intervention!

Both night owls then, I watched that I've seen it before but never saw then end what a sad Storie she should have help way before she got to that size it was a very sad story.

You see, not that I want to be controversial ......... But I think Katie Hopkins opinions are worthy of a listen. Hubby and I had this discussion in that although obviously I don't agree with her on everything, most things she says have an element of reality in them - you just have to pick out the facts from the sensationalism that gets her the publicity. Most subjects she gets passionate about I find also have elements I agree with (although not completely). The children's names things I partially agreed with as well (the actual names rather than who my kids should play with) (my kids have very traditional names)

Although the way her message comes across with weight loss is wrong, she is ultimately right in saying 'eat less, move more'. However, for those of us that have a weight problem we know there's more to it than that, and keeping the weight off is the main hard work.

She has actually got back to 8st 12lbs now, think it took her a couple of weeks extra than she had initially predicted.

The route she jogs along the river, is where I go for my long walks.

Right, I'll go and hide now. Lol

Last edited:
I would love to have a day at work where i could just tell people what I really think!! Oh god, i would lose my job in five minutes!! I might be going to work for our family company in the next few years, if I do i will spend my last few days at work telling people the truth..of god it will feel so good!!!

I am so glad that silly cow was left with 1 stone extra. That surely proves her wrong! I would love to see her become a fat person. She is one of the most hated women in the country. I have seen about 3-4 comedy programmes where she had received awards for being most hated!!

Did anyone see her on This Morning saying she would not let her children play with other children who had certain names? She said that the names told her they were working class and common!! She didn't like names such as Jordan, Ben and some others. Holly Willaby was almost apoplectic. She said that any name which is the name of a country or city was also a no no!! Holly pointed out that one of Katie's own daughters is called India!!!

Debbie

She's paid to create controversy though. She titles herself 'a social commentator' and The Sun newspaper, ITV's This Morning and various other channels all pay her to provide opinions....why? Because it creates debate.

She's paid to create controversy though. She titles herself 'a social commentator' and The Sun newspaper, ITV's This Morning and various other channels all pay her to provide opinions....why? Because it creates debate.

:feedtroll: :argh: :argh: :whoopass: :whoopass: :grumble: :grumble: :sign0131: :sign0131: :spit: :spit: :yuk: :yuk: :mad: :mad: :feedtroll:

There said my piece!

I get very annoyed at people who judge others when its only "There for the grace of God go I " it's a very fine line we walk every day. If you don't have the problem or know the reason don't stand in judgment. The doc of embarrassing bodies did a test with a body suite on and he was saying it's easy for a Gp to say to a patient cut down, move more exercise and you will lose weight, but he now relishes that when you are so over weight it makes it so difficult to move and exercise and he now looks at the issue quite differently. I've got bad knees so the more weight I put on the more my knees hurt the less I moved so the more input on, no point telling me to exercise.

I saw that episode. He said he would never tell an obese person to get out and do exercise again or words to that effect. It was a while ago since I watched it. But I remember thinking hallelujah

I have been fortunate to always be mobile. I have always had dogs and always walked them every day of life. But ...getting out a couch was hellish, getting in and out the bath was torturous and walking now is not such a chore and a joy. My husband has severe mobility issues, has a blue badge and cannot walk more that a few yards. He is piling n the pounds which is only making things worse. It's a viscious circle. But I am totally understanding of his predicament

That's me I have a blue badge, but my job requires me to also have a trolly bag with a laptop to pull around with me, I use a stick to help with the walking and was given a second one last year. I have to put one stick in the bag walk like a baby with the other stick and trolly not a pretty sight but I have to manage. I've had people ask if I need the two sticks, " no I like looking like a prat and struggling" but the two sticks is because I'd put the weight on,,it's no easy it's bloody hard. I'm trying at the moment to just use the one so that's an improvement but if info for a walk I need both. I'm hoping as the body gets used to the weight loss it will be easier but I think I will need a new knee but ( lol I'm to young, I can live with that) it won't be any day soon.

Back