• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dawn French 6 stone weight loss

Sorry me again, been trying to find out how to add a photo to my profile and cant work it out , can anyone give me a clue ?

It is within the User CP area, edit profile ... but you can't add one until you have made at least 50 posts to the forum.

Somewhere in the "New" or "Introduce Yourself" sections there is a FAQ which explains that you gain more privileges (signature space and photos etc) the more active you become within the forum.

Hope this helps.

Dawn french has lost 6 stone over the past few months. I personally think she has had WLS but whether she wasnt to divulge how she has lost the weight is really her decision. What do you all think??

Whilst I am delighted that Dawn has finally tackled her weight problem, I believe (my opinion) is that WLS has been involved – and no, I do not take the view that it is up to her whether she divulges that, because Dawn is claiming it was all down to eating less, moving more exactly the same as Fern Britton originally did.

A friend PM'd me on Facebook with this: “I saw some comments on a forum about DF – a clinic or hospital employee referring to her “bariatric surgery earlier this year” The thread has since been deleted.

Why it bothers me and I am not content to go along with the line of least resistance (i.e. “it's up to her whether she wants to divulge”):

1. She is a public figure in the media who always previously proclaimed she was fat and fabulously happy with the situation.
  2. I believe that if Dawn has had WLS she should just fess up and say: “Hell yes, of course I had a band / bypass. I needed to lose 10 stone and such a large amount of weight was difficult to shift with dieting alone, of course I had an op."

1. If only MORE women like Anne Diamond, Fern Britton and (possibly) Dawn would just simply admit that from the beginning, it would make WLS more socially acceptable and less stigmatised.

1. If Dawn is being disingenuous (like Anne Diamond and Fern Britton were) it does not help give WLS a good name, making it to be something shameful we should not admit to.

1. Also (possibly) gives overweight women unrealistic ideas about what sort of weight loss can be achieved in your 50's (when your metabolism has slowed down) and you have been obese for the majority of the past 30 years with just “moderate healthy eating and walking a bit more”.

As for me, I've told everyone right from the beginning – all my friends and family, colleagues at work and HR and my supervisor so they would know to expect lots of hospital appointments. They might not all agree, but I've been open from the start.

I personally think it is nobody's business but Dawns as to whether she wants to tell strangers how she she lost the weight. Press and public have no business asking! The press only want to sell stories and most of the public are just being nosy for nosiness sake.

Fair do's if it happens to be WLS it might help someone out there. However there are plenty of other advocates for WLS. It shouldn't fall on someone just because their job makes them a public figure. It is a personal choice to divulge that kind of personal information and no one should feel pressured or even bullied into talking about it.

Whichever way she has managed to lose the weight she looks stunning and probably much healthier to boot. Good luck to her!!!

I personally think it is nobody's business but Dawns as to whether she wants to tell strangers how she she lost the weight. Press and public have no business asking! The press only want to sell stories and most of the public are just being nosy for nosiness sake.

Fair do's if it happens to be WLS it might help someone out there. However there are plenty of other advocates for WLS. It shouldn't fall on someone just because their job makes them a public figure. It is a personal choice to divulge that kind of personal information and no one should feel pressured or even bullied into talking about it.

Whichever way she has managed to lose the weight she looks stunning and probably much healthier to boot. Good luck to her!!!
i agree, its no-ones business but hers, this thread wasnt started to giver her stick, leave the poor woman alone to live her slimmer and healthier life

Even if wls is involved, Dawn F is not lying.... She will have been eating less. Whether that is surgically assisted or pure diet is irrelevant to anyone else.
Although i do agree with sharonimo insofar as i personally chose to tell everyone. Its just blooming easier!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

If she did have bariatric surgery then it it nobody's business but hers. It is up to her to divulge if she wants to and she, if she has had it, has chosen not to. I wouldn't either. She lives in a stressful negative media world where every little thing that people do is minutely scrutinised and negatively commented on. Leave her alone to do as she wants to.
Well done Dawn. Be happy.
Why should she be an advocate for surgery, that isn't what she has done it for, shes done it for herself.
Lynne x

I think my 'friend' deleted me because i said that i had read about how weight loss using traditional methods, and more importantly, maintenance, are almost impossible when you have been morbidly obese for a very long time. I need to find the article i read about it. Can anyone help?

I think my 'friend' deleted me because i said that i had read about how weight loss using traditional methods, and more importantly, maintenance, are almost impossible when you have been morbidly obese for a very long time. I need to find the article i read about it. Can anyone help?
dont mean to diss her, but she sounds like a bad "friend" anyway!

they are speaking about her on loose women now :) x

I thought it was Sean Bean she had a thing for?

I don't remember the Sean Bean one, but I do remember the Hugh Grant snog she had on Comic Relief a few years back. I think that year was the one when she made snogging a sex symbol an annual feature. She has a hard life, eh!

I just love her, she is just so funny, and always was gorgeous, now even more so.

I personally think it is nobody's business but Dawns as to whether she wants to tell strangers how she she lost the weight. .... Fair do's if it happens to be WLS it might help someone out there.

Yes, it might help other people out there to know if Dawn *has* turned to WLS to solve an obesity problem that had obviously been a problem to Dawn for most of the past 30 years.

However, Dawn is currently sticking to the 'story' that it has all been achieved due to healthy eating a just walking a bit more.

In fact Dawn is *now* claiming in the press that she has been losing weight slowly at a rate of 1.5 lb a week for the past 19 months -- a fact that can be disproved with with photos and TV appearances she has made during the past 7 months -- links below.**

Will you be so happy for Dawn's "miraculous" weight loss (more than 6 stone -- it looks like 8 stone to me -- in 6 months) when friends and family start asking you: "Oh but why cant you go on just one more diet, and lose it the natural way like Dawn French has done?"

Because I have already been asked that question within the past 4 days !!!

EVIDENCE OF DAWN'S 6 - 8 STONE WEIGHT LOSS IN ONLY 6 MONTHS:
==============================

Dawn French interview on Ruth Jones Easter Treat show - 25th April 2011 - YouTube
Dawn French interviewed by Ruth Jones -- 25 April 2011 ......DF at her "before" size

Dawn French weight loss: Comedienne shows off svelte figure at Galaxy National Book Awards | Mail Online

LEFT PHOTO -- November 2011
RIGHT PHOTO -- June 2011

Now you tell me how anyone other than Houdini could achieve such fast, dramatic weight loss within a 6 month timeframe ....?

(And someone who is over 50 and has been obese for the majority of the previous 30 years.)

Hmmmmm ;)

[/QUOTE]when friends and family start asking you: "Oh but why cant you go on just one more diet, and lose it the natural way like Dawn French has done?"

Now you tell me how anyone other than Houdini could achieve such fast, dramatic weight loss within a 6 month timeframe ....?
[/QUOTE]

I once lost 4 stone in 3 month doing to the Lighter Life diet. It is possible she done it that way. I also once lost 3 stone in 6 weeks following the break up of a long term relationship which Dawn has done!!!

In all honesty and I maybe repeating myself but I don't care how she lost it. The fact is she has and is very very likely a lot healthier for it.

Tell your friends and family that it is your decision now and you feel it is right for you. Regardless of how others have succeeded. Yes they may worry that they would lose you but they already lost you when you gained that pound (the straw that broke camels back) that put a hold on your life.

This is your life as much as Dawn has hers. Your choice as it is hers.

Nobody else's :)

I think to go from june 11 to Nov 11 and loose 8 stone she must of had some help, but good for her as she looks amazing, just hope i look like her soon xx

Yes I agree.. regardless of whether she has had wls or not, the outcome is the most important factor. And she is looking so good.
Made me think though, I wonmder how many people remain 'fat' because they other halfs like curvy. fuller figured women? I know that my ex (we are separated) hates the fact that I am going down this route. When we were together he was the 'house husband' so also did all the cooking.. wonderful meals, puddings etc..
After years of being 'adored' big but hating it for myself. I find that it is a bit frightening as well.. here I am well over 60 and going it alone, and for the first time in a long long time doing what I, myself want for ME.

Yes I agree.. regardless of whether she has had wls or not, the outcome is the most important factor. And she is looking so good.
Made me think though, I wonmder how many people remain 'fat' because they other halfs like curvy. fuller figured women? I know that my ex (we are separated) hates the fact that I am going down this route. When we were together he was the 'house husband' so also did all the cooking.. wonderful meals, puddings etc..
After years of being 'adored' big but hating it for myself. I find that it is a bit frightening as well.. here I am well over 60 and going it alone, and for the first time in a long long time doing what I, myself want for ME.
same here, good luck :) xxx

I once lost 4 stone in 3 month doing to the Lighter Life diet. It is possible she done it that way. I also once lost 3 stone in 6 weeks following the break up of a long term relationship which Dawn has done!!!

I also previously lost 4 stone in 3 months on Lighter Life (Oct - Dec 2008) then in Jan 2009 found I could (genuinely) not afford to continue with the £70 a week programme and slowly but surely all the weight I had lost crept back on. VLCDs are notorious for weight re-gain.

Dawn divorced Lenny Henry in April 2010 – her
weight and size remained in the morbidly obese (approx 20 stone+) range until at least April 2011 so this was not an immediate “break up diet”

Made me think though, I wonder how many people remain 'fat' because they other halfs like curvy. fuller figured women? I know that my ex (we are separated) hates the fact that I am going down this route. When we were together he was the 'house husband' so also did all the cooking.. wonderful meals, puddings etc. After years of being 'adored' big but hating it for myself.

I do, however, agree that the break up with Lenny (who is a bit of a large cuddly teddy bear type himself) could be part of the reason why a year after the divorce Dawn decided to take drastic (possibly gastric) action regarding her health and weight.

I am as happy as the next person that Dawn is now so much happier and healthier, but I just wish she could be honest about it. If others of you don't care, fine, I personally do.​

Back