• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is what im feeling muscle wastage?

pinkylin

as some of you will knw ive been havin a few probs lately with feeling weak and tired all the time i went the docs and im low in b12 and iron so they have now gave me supplements for this which i wont go into right now but havin a few probs with them on that front see my other thread for info if you wanna knw lolz

Anyway like i said im feeling weak and tired all the time and the only way i can explain how my legs feel is my muscles feel sore and weak and i feel as if there trembling when im standing or walking is this muscle wastage if it is how do i stop it?

Hiya,

I would seriously get some help and advice from your dietician, I have been through a lot this year, and in a nutshell I lost too much weight too quick, or so ive been told and I have lost muscle as well as fat, and that does take your energy big time, I also had major difficiencies with my blood, my calcium levels hit the deck, which I now have learned is very serious, etc etc I am now on a slow road back to health, with some hopsital stays along the way I am now just beginning to feel a bit better..... I am on lots of supplements and High Protein shakes and told to fortify my food as much as possible, I go to the hospital weekly and have done for the past 2months, so this isn't something you must overlook, please please get some help and advice before you hit the brick wall and slide down, before I got the help like I did......its harder to get up once you have fallen if you know what I mean, so get help while you are still standing!!!

Oh sorry Also............. For the time being, makesure you are getting loads of Protein in, bulk upon it, your Muscles depend on it.........

hiya hun thanx for that as my protein goes my levels r fine and like i sed to the doc well i dont knw how thats happeneing coz im not eaten much protein in foods but he sed well u must be coz its all there my protein is 71 so he sed im fine wer that is concerned so hopefully it wont be muscle wasteage if my protein levels are ok and maybe im just suffering from exaustion or something

you see i started collage in september and b4 i went to col i didnt do very much exercise i knw very very naughty of me i did do a bit but not loads so im wondering wether it could just be ive over exerted myself ? i dont knw i had the half term off which went way to quick and i sooooooooo didnt want to go bk to col on the monday just gone and on the day i didnt end uo goin coz i felt to drained i did try to go on the tuesday i got all the way to college but i felt very weak like i was about to collapse so came home so hence to say i didnt go in all week but i am hoping to return on monday as i really cant take anymore time off coz if i do i wont b able to catch up so i really need to stop feelin the way i do right now otherwise im goin to have to give the course up and i dont want to do that at all so fingers crossed i start feelin better soon im thinkin of ringing my barratric team to see what they might say soz you had such a rough time of it huni i hope you r feelin much better now lin.xx

I have no medical knowledge so am stabbing in the dark... I didn't know you could measure protein except in wee :( How much is your daily protein intake Lin? As Angie says if you lose weight too quick it can be muscle and fat disappearing...

I have no earthly idea what to suggest except get as much additional protein in you as you can by whatever means possible and try gentle exercise xx

All of a sudden i'm glad i'm a slow loser x

hiya hun ive been a slow loser all theh way through so im thinkin that it may not be wastage i may just be really run down i dont knw i think im stabiing in the darl also lolz as for the proyein they have checked my bloods for it so it must b sumthn they can do i really dont knw why im feeling the way i do and i think thats whats doin me head in to b honest i hate not bein well and not knwin the course.xxxx

hiya hun ive been a slow loser all theh way through so im thinkin that it may not be wastage i may just be really run down i dont knw i think im stabiing in the darl also lolz as for the proyein they have checked my bloods for it so it must b sumthn they can do i really dont knw why im feeling the way i do and i think thats whats doin me head in to b honest i hate not bein well and not knwin the course.xxxx

Hiya. I am NOT a doctor, I am NOT medically trained. It doesn't sound like muscle wastage to me. Sounds like you have a mineral deficiency of some sort.
Go see the doctor asap, just to get a proper prognosis. Your body can only assimilate a certain amount of protein at any one time, but try to up it as the other have said. Have you tried protein shakes .. I think they have protein in a slightly different form allowing you to take up slightly more than you would from a slice of meat. The shakes also have minerals to help the function of the muscle and the intake of the protein.

There are other supplements out there for muscle strength but I can't remember - I'm not sure if Glucosamine Sulphate also helps with muscle as well as joints.

Anyway above all else please see your GP. :hug99:

Hi Lin,

It's so difficult to speculate... I would see your GP as soon as you are able and also consider discussing the symptoms with your dietician...

Keep us posted and sending love and hugs xxx

Lin I have no answers, but as you may know i recently had major complications 8 weeks post bypass and a second major surgery. I'm feeling exactly the same. My legs feel like jelly and when I stand up, I lose my balance and almost fall. I am so tired all the time, no energy and sleeping so much.
I'm hoping to see my team next week to get some answers.

thanx girls but im banging my hed against a brick wall with docs i think i have rang again ths morn and im currently waiting for a phone call back about goin for bloods so we will wait and c what the outcome is eh? charis hope your feelin well soon chic hugs.xxxxxxxxxx

Back