• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP finally referred me to Homerton

Hi all,

One week post op today and I’m feeling great! Not in too much pain and my dressings came off last night. I do get the odd occasional headache and I find im getting tired very quickly but aside from that I’m feeling much better. I’ve also lost a stone so far!

As directed, Ive been on a clear liquid diet so I’ve been having clear soups, water, sugar free juice, jelly, ice lollies etc. Today I’ll be transitioning on to a more protein/thicker based liquid diet so I’ll be introducing sugar free low fat yougurt, yougurt drinks ect. Not feeling too hungry which is a big surprise for me given my history LOL.

Re my little ones - I must be honest and say things have been a bit difficult. My children are still very young and do not understand that mummy is “sick” so they are both continuously trying to jump on me, my youngest is expecting to be cuddled, carried etc. My daughter has Autism Spectrum Disorder and my son has some development delays so they both cannot help it really and they just do not understand. Really difficult.
I suppose I just have to get on with it as I don’t have much support around me, but I must say I do stop and have a little rest or lay down when I start to feel very tired and light headed.
My surgeon encourages patients to walk/keep active for 1.5 hours daily post op and I am confident my children have contributed to this massively lol. I also feel keeping active has aided and speeded up my overall recovery. So some advice for anyone reading - keep as active as possible if you physically/ mentally can.

As they always say.... your job as a mother continues regardless, wouldn’t change it for the world though.

Getting better as the days go by the day. Feel free to ask my anything xxx
Love this post, you sound like you're doing great all round. Great weight loss in a week! It must be tricky with the little ones, but I suppose you have to find a way around it, you don't have much choice really, have you had someone there to help you at all? I hope your recovery continues to be as good as it has been so far x

Hey everyone, gosh its been a long while not being on here but I just didnt want to think about how big I am.

I have had apt @ homerton and was seeong the dietician there. I will be having another apt in May, i have lost weight so intrigued to see how it goes.

How are you all?
Hi, well done for losing weight, did they give you a target amount to lose?

Hey everyone, gosh its been a long while not being on here but I just didnt want to think about how big I am.

I have had apt @ homerton and was seeong the dietician there. I will be having another apt in May, i have lost weight so intrigued to see how it goes.

How are you all?
Hey!

Lovely to hear from you.
I’ve not been on much either, not had much to report.
I start my LRD in a week and a half for 2 weeks then it’s surgery time !

How did you find your appointments? Ok I hope. I’ve found Homerton to be so good the whole way.
Well done on losing weight, once you start feeling it, it really does spur you on doesn’t it?

Hope to hear from you soon, x

Back