• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP finally referred me to Homerton

Maria61

Aww Hi @MariaMaria83.
Thanks for checking up on me, I hope you are well?

A lot has happened since the last time I posted here.

Well I haven’t heard back from the Homerton or Kingsley till date..

However, my GP referred me to The Whittington just before Christmas and I’ve been seen there and they’ve accepted to do my surgery.

Fortunately I didn’t have to start the process all over again. My GP sent the Whittington bariatric team all my previous notes and the surgeon at Whittington was happy to progress. I did have to do a few mandatory tests like the endoscopy, echo heart scan etc and attend some of their mandatory education sessions.

Staring the liver shrinkage diet in the 29/01 and my surgery is on 12/02. Excited much !

How have things been with you?
Congratulations and so exciting x

Bling Babe

Hope you are ok, looking forward to hearing from you xx

Irene44

Congratulations hunni hope your ok xx

Sarnie

Aww Hi @MariaMaria83.
Thanks for checking up on me, I hope you are well?

A lot has happened since the last time I posted here.

Well I haven’t heard back from the Homerton or Kingsley till date..

However, my GP referred me to The Whittington just before Christmas and I’ve been seen there and they’ve accepted to do my surgery.

Fortunately I didn’t have to start the process all over again. My GP sent the Whittington bariatric team all my previous notes and the surgeon at Whittington was happy to progress. I did have to do a few mandatory tests like the endoscopy, echo heart scan etc and attend some of their mandatory education sessions.

Staring the liver shrinkage diet in the 29/01 and my surgery is on 12/02. Excited much !

How have things been with you?
Hope your surgery went well and you are recovering ok x

Bling Babe

Welcome to the losers bench, get plenty of rest and keep on sipping xx

Sarnie

Hi all,

So I finally had my Op! All went well, just recovering now. Feeling very nauseous but I’m being discharged today. Will update later when I’m feeling much better. Thanks for the love
Congrats, wishing you a speedy recovery xx

I’m back home guys, and I’m feeling much better. Nausea has calmed down (thank God) as ive been prescribed anti sickness meds which I feel has really helped. Trying to keep on top of all my meds/vitamins as there’s loads to take.
I’ve been sipping away... loads of water, tea.. haven’t tried soup yet but determined to try later today.

My surgeon repaired a hernia he found in my belly button during the op which was great, as we both weren’t aware of it’s presence.

Overall I’m feeling much better. I think walking has helped a lot. I have two young ones (aged 3&1), so it’s been difficult trying to get them off my back lol.

KGs dropping already as well lol

MariaMaria83

I’m back home guys, and I’m feeling much better. Nausea has calmed down (thank God) as ive been prescribed anti sickness meds which I feel has really helped. Trying to keep on top of all my meds/vitamins as there’s loads to take.
I’ve been sipping away... loads of water, tea.. haven’t tried soup yet but determined to try later today.

My surgeon repaired a hernia he found in my belly button during the op which was great, as we both weren’t aware of it’s presence.

Overall I’m feeling much better. I think walking has helped a lot. I have two young ones (aged 3&1), so it’s been difficult trying to get them off my back lol.

Oh you’ll have to let me know how you get on with ur lil ones, they’re who I’m most worried about after and how I will be with them, x
Glad ur more comfortable now and the sickness has faded, so looking forward to following ur story. 8 weeks today and I’ll be heading for that bench! x

Sarnie

Glad you're home and feeling better. Hope the soup goes down well x

Parsnip

Glad you're doing better. Also interested to see how you get on having young children x

Maria61

Glad you are home xx

Hi all,

One week post op today and I’m feeling great! Not in too much pain and my dressings came off last night. I do get the odd occasional headache and I find im getting tired very quickly but aside from that I’m feeling much better. I’ve also lost a stone so far!

As directed, Ive been on a clear liquid diet so I’ve been having clear soups, water, sugar free juice, jelly, ice lollies etc. Today I’ll be transitioning on to a more protein/thicker based liquid diet so I’ll be introducing sugar free low fat yougurt, yougurt drinks ect. Not feeling too hungry which is a big surprise for me given my history LOL.

Re my little ones - I must be honest and say things have been a bit difficult. My children are still very young and do not understand that mummy is “sick” so they are both continuously trying to jump on me, my youngest is expecting to be cuddled, carried etc. My daughter has Autism Spectrum Disorder and my son has some development delays so they both cannot help it really and they just do not understand. Really difficult.
I suppose I just have to get on with it as I don’t have much support around me, but I must say I do stop and have a little rest or lay down when I start to feel very tired and light headed.
My surgeon encourages patients to walk/keep active for 1.5 hours daily post op and I am confident my children have contributed to this massively lol. I also feel keeping active has aided and speeded up my overall recovery. So some advice for anyone reading - keep as active as possible if you physically/ mentally can.

As they always say.... your job as a mother continues regardless, wouldn’t change it for the world though.

Getting better as the days go by the day. Feel free to ask my anything xxx

Parsnip

Hi all,

One week post op today and I’m feeling great! Not in too much pain and my dressings came off last night. I do get the odd occasional headache and I find im getting tired very quickly but aside from that I’m feeling much better. I’ve also lost a stone so far!

As directed, Ive been on a clear liquid diet so I’ve been having clear soups, water, sugar free juice, jelly, ice lollies etc. Today I’ll be transitioning on to a more protein/thicker based liquid diet so I’ll be introducing sugar free low fat yougurt, yougurt drinks ect. Not feeling too hungry which is a big surprise for me given my history LOL.

Re my little ones - I must be honest and say things have been a bit difficult. My children are still very young and do not understand that mummy is “sick” so they are both continuously trying to jump on me, my youngest is expecting to be cuddled, carried etc. My daughter has Autism Spectrum Disorder and my son has some development delays so they both cannot help it really and they just do not understand. Really difficult.
I suppose I just have to get on with it as I don’t have much support around me, but I must say I do stop and have a little rest or lay down when I start to feel very tired and light headed.
My surgeon encourages patients to walk/keep active for 1.5 hours daily post op and I am confident my children have contributed to this massively lol. I also feel keeping active has aided and speeded up my overall recovery. So some advice for anyone reading - keep as active as possible if you physically/ mentally can.

As they always say.... your job as a mother continues regardless, wouldn’t change it for the world though.

All sounding positive. After my emcs with baby number three I genuinely think being active helped my recovery. We don't really have a choice with children (well unless they are old enough to understand).

MariaMaria83

Hi all,

Hey @LotusFlowerBomb thanks for checking in and especially thanks for letting me know how you are finding it with your kiddies and you are so right. I think the best thing, as @Parsnip has agreed is the just get on with life! The kids don’t stop and I imagine the longer we draw it out, the longer recovery will take.
So good to hear from you, keep us posted. I’ll be in touch! x

Bling Babe

Hi all,

Great to hear your doing so well and have had a fantastic loss so far, I agree that we do cope amazingly well when we have to “get on with it”.. may I advise you to have protein yogurts rather than low fat, it’s all about the protein lol, 0% Greek style yogurt is great, as is Arla, and there are some called “Graham’s” I think I got those from home bargains or B and M, there are a few about. Good luck with the food transition. Keep on resting when you get a chance xxx