• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dont seem to be full??

Chelsea

Hi, I am 6 week post op! Gastric band! I had my first fill 5 days ago.. I have lost 2st 2lbs but I don't seem to be getting full, I am stopping eating because I am scared of doing damage?? Should I be feeling fuller than this?? Thanks

Wow Chelsea fab weight loss!! Iv just had my first fill and I can eat a weight watchers meal no probs! Iv only lost 18 lbs. I'm so impressed how much was put in your band? (I know we all differ) jo x

Hi and welcome Chelsea,

I have a band also and have had three fills in total and am booked in for another next week. It can take quite a bit of messing to get you to what they call your "sweet spot", where you can eat most foods normally but are full from a toddler szized meal. I am not there yet but with each fill I feel a difference.

At 6 weeks post op its still early days and you may need another couple of fills to get you there but 2stone 2 pounds is great and if the fear of doing damage is stopping you overeating then great. Im sure someone else will be along who is at their sweet spot already to explain what it feels like and how they got there.

Not sure if you have seen yet but we also have lots of support available in the banders section. We have a weekly weigh in and some people post their daily diet and excersize to keep them on track. The banders there are very supportive.

Leesh x

I can't believe how good this app is and how welcoming you all are! I feel supported already and only logged in 12 hrs ago :) !!

Hi, I am 6 week post op! Gastric band! I had my first fill 5 days ago.. I have lost 2st 2lbs but I don't seem to be getting full, I am stopping eating because I am scared of doing damage?? Should I be feeling fuller than this?? Thanks

Well done on your weight loss so far, what size band and wot capacity is it filled too atm ???

well done, im only 9 days post band and looking forward to first fill, im not struggling at all and can do a whole tin of soup easily, so really need the restriction.

Hi C,im 17 days post op and on mushy stage. I can only manage a toddler sized meal at present. Today i tried a sausage and was full after that!

Like kids, we are all different.

Keep going girl, we are all here to help.

I had an apple today, and it's the only thing I've eaten that I have noticed it quite hard to eat!! Just had a bit of ice cream and rhubarb pie feel really bad now!! It went down a treat but I know it was bad for me it was only a little and thinking back 6 wks ago I would hVe eaten the whole thing!! :eek:

Hi Chelsea - Excellent progress so far with your weight loss.

Apples are quite a difficult thing to eat as they require a lot of chewing to get down....little bite..so then they are easier to digest when fully chewed.
Probably the pastry on the rhubarb pie may have been the problem.....whatever you eat, and I can eat most things - unfortunately there may be some items that are more difficult to digest.

Try not to get too worried about your food volumes, until you get the basics right.
Firstly fill up on your protein foods....they are the building blocks...then if still hungry.....add plenty of veg, especially green....broccolli...cabbage....green beans....cauli....salads etc; then and only then a small amount of carbs.

As long as your only eating the amount of a small teaplate, per meal you should be fine.

Chelsea - if you look to the top of the page under the green banner and look in : user cp, there is a drop down box where you can pull down and fill out your profile, you can add that you have a gastric band dates etc; only add information that you don`t mind others seeing, and your happy with.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Katkit1 said:
Hi Chelsea - Excellent progress so far with your weight loss.

Apples are quite a difficult thing to eat as they require a lot of chewing to get down....little bite..so then they are easier to digest when fully chewed.
Probably the pastry on the rhubarb pie may have been the problem.....whatever you eat, and I can eat most things - unfortunately there may be some items that are more difficult to digest.

Try not to get too worried about your food volumes, until you get the basics right.
Firstly fill up on your protein foods....they are the building blocks...then if still hungry.....add plenty of veg, especially green....broccolli...cabbage....green beans....cauli....salads etc; then and only then a small amount of carbs.

As long as your only eating the amount of a small teaplate, per meal you should be fine.

Chelsea - if you look to the top of the page under the green banner and look in : user cp, there is a drop down box where you can pull down and fill out your profile, you can add that you have a gastric band dates etc; only add information that you don`t mind others seeing, and your happy with.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

There doesn't seem to be that option and when I go into my profile it says error permission denied!

Back