• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are your reasons for having WLS

mummykcb

My main reason is so i can be alive longer for my kids. They are my world and i'll do anything for them. Being slimmer means i can do more with them without getting too overehausted (i have FMS and PR) and hopefully it will improve my Palindromic Rheumatism and maybe reduce the amount of flares i have.

For my health mainly, my weight had started to impact negatively on my lifestyle, but I won't lie...I can't wait to be slim enough to wear fashionable clothes from top shop etc!
And of course for the huge boost in self confidence that I'm already getting just 3 1/2 weeks post op :)

I have spent all of my life being overweight, apart from 6 months some 30 years ago when I managed to lose 7 stone with weight watchers, however since then I put that on plus another 9 stone! This meant earlier this year I was over 27 stone :eek:(.
I now have 3 grandchildren as well as my 3 daughters, and I want to see my grandchildren grow up, and my youngest 2 daughters have kids too.
But I have to say my main reason was I was so depressed with constsnat knee & back pain....not being able to walk or stand for more than 3 or 4 minutes. I am 5 stone down and OMG the difference...tomorrow I am going on a holiday with some of my service users, and so looking forward to it as I can now walk about so more freely. Life is so good now and can only get better as I get rid of the other 9 or 10 stone I have to go, I would recommend this to any overweight person, expensive , yes, but worth every penny, Liz xx

My main reason was to loose my diabetes and have a longer life, I wanted to be around to see my grand kids grow up. Also to look sexier lol.

I have been overweight all my life, and although luckily I had no co-morbidities, it was only a matter of time before they caught up with me. I chose to lose the weight, before I started going wrong so to speak.

Luckily I had no co morbidities/ however I
Was/am at great risk of getting them. So I wanted to eliminate any threats other than trying to solve the problem when I have it if that makes sense.

I also want I have children xxx

Overweight all my life too. My thyroid wasn't keeping up with my increasing weight which didn't help either and I was on my way to diabetes. I managed to fix both with the Atkins diet a couple of years back but then I started losing control again. My weight was on the way up and I knew I had to do something drastic.

It was an easy decision really. And for the first time in years my weight is consistently going down :) it's not easy to live with sometimes but it's better than the feeling of helplessness I experienced before when it came to my weight.

I also can't wait to be able to go out and not worry that I won't fit in things or that I look ridiculous or any of the other stupid thoughts I used to think ;)

To start living life and stop watching it go by from my sofa in pjs...... Although the odd pj day is a must lol.. Oh and of course health, and clothes. Xxx

For me 1. To be fitter and healtjy 2.to be able to buy amything and it fit 3. To wear high heels. 4.to feel attractive.5. Not to be judged by my size.6. To be happy and confident in myself!

Children (teenagers now) main reason but also due to Fibrymyalgia and other health problems I am virtually unable to walk so hoping the extra weight loss will help with this.

My mom had many weight related illnesses diabetes, sleep apnea she also has a stroke which meant she ended up in a wheelchair and her weight just crept up on her. My sister and I did our best but the additional weight made it so much harder and she lost a lot of dignity having to ask us to help her with washing etc. I weigh the same as her as she did at my age and I just want to try and avoid what she had to put up with x

I had the bypass to stop the inevitable happening which at my pre op weight wouldve been diabetes and arthritis and heart problems and goodness knows what else. I was in one way quite lucky as I had only been very overweight for the last 4 years. I had always had food issues, but had been a fairly normal weight until the death of my daughter, at which point I just sort of gave up on everything and ate myself into obesity, and so had the surgery before I developed any co morbidities, and already just 5 weeks post op I feel healthier and happier than I have felt for a very long time. The bypass has given me a chance to get my life back on track and start living again..

I've always been overweight, but never really suffered with any major health issues, just lucky i guess, until about two years ago when I started to suffer from abdominal Lymphoedema in just about the worst place it could possibly be....

The would/will not operate to remove it until I have lost a suitable amount of weight.

And As I started at almost 36st I have a very long journey ahead of me....

Mine is for health reasons, I had a Tumor on my knee, thankfully it was benign. Had it removed but now have arthritis. It is also to give me back my confidence, part of my job is to train people and I hate it because I think they look at me and judge me for my weight, so I want to be able to give my job 100% and not have any issues doing it!

spent all my life overweight but im tall so can "carry it well" my mam is very ill and i have an incresed risk of inheriting what she has and the weight just adds more risk. ive also been turned down for my dream job because of my weight even tho im more than qualified

spent all my life overweight but im tall so can "carry it well" my mam is very ill and i have an incresed risk of inheriting what she has and the weight just adds more risk. ive also been turned down for my dream job because of my weight even tho im more than qualified

Can i ask you what is your dream job. For me it is to be a school cookery teacher so that children can learn from a young age how to eat healthily and not have problems with obesity.:)

I had the op to be healthy so I could have a family.

Similar reason to most other people here I guess, I want to be more active, be able to climb stairs without getting breathless, and not to die early from something avoidable like diabetes

Back