• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are your triggers and dangerous places to be in?

Bread sits like a lump of lead in my pouch even now, so I just don't bother. In the old days nobody liked bread more than me :rolleyes:

I have to really watch myself when I'm feeling pre-menstrual. The problem is that I'm peri-menopausal and have a mirena coil, so my periods are erratic to say the least. It makes it hard to predict when I might be pre-menstrual and plan ahead for the cravings and mood problems. Pre-op, I would binge myself through my PMS.

Sometimes, now, I'll start a period and then think 'Ah, that's why I've been thinking about food so much recently!'

Hmmmm, interesting . . . my dietician is calling me today to clarify a couple of points re my diet. Having the open bypass (and I have checked my notes) you go straight to a pureed diet (or to try at least) with soft foods in 4 weeks and ‘normal’ diet at 4 – 6 months – I have had and enjoyed quiche which is obviously egg based within one week of surgery and it was great (delicious, in fact) . . .

Hi, having just been to my group meeting, the nurse said "you will never eat a piece of crusty bread again?" - too shy to ask why - is it just that it is too doughy? Also, why can you not have fizzy drinks after a bypass? Is it about the gas? The thought of never drinking champagne again is a bit daunting!! Although the thought of being slim is far more appealing. Great thread guys xx

I know people that have had a bypass and bread poses no problems for them so for the nurse to say that is misleading and wrong - Foods that you struggle with early post op often become easier the further post op you get.:D

Hmmmm, interesting . . . my dietician is calling me today to clarify a couple of points re my diet. Having the open bypass (and I have checked my notes) you go straight to a pureed diet (or to try at least) with soft foods in 4 weeks and ‘normal’ diet at 4 – 6 months – I have had and enjoyed quiche which is obviously egg based within one week of surgery and it was great (delicious, in fact) . . .
Every provider is different - mine for instance tells open and key hole the same thing 4 weeks liquid, 4 weeks puree, 4-6 weeks soft/mashed and then move on to normal food. Then thre are other surgeons who put their patients on mush food the day after their op so its always best to check with your surgeon and follow their advice.
Not everyone struggles with the same foods - I for one have never had an issue with meat (apart from in the puree stage and this was a texture issue so I went straight on to soluid meat after discussing it with my surgeon). I also know people that after 12/18 months post op they still can't eat meat or fish so everyone is different and just because you can eat something one day doesn't mean you can eat it the following day.

I've managed a few trips to the shop now without buying the dreaded chocolate. It helps that I'm having to save some money to pay for my dogs care whilst I'm in hospital, so I'm living on various things on toast lol.
Felt really low today after returning from the shops because I missed not having my obligatory chocolate bar when I got in. But I've got some yoghurts and low fat angel delight to choose from instead.
I actually had a massive burst of energy this morning and did tons of housework. Perhaps my body is adjusting to a lower fat diet?

Back