• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can I do about gas!!!

Jcw013

I just got my gastric sleeve done on tuesday feb. 15th and I was sent home yesterday, but I am having some problem passing the gas or air that they put in my stomach and it is painful. Is there anything that I can do besides walking that can help me with this.

I don't know what the US equivalent is, but I used an over the counter drug called Deflatine. Its a tablet which you chew. You could also try some baby gripe water, peppermint tea or peppermint cordial.
It does shift in a few days but oh boy is it painful in the meantime!

spin your arms in circles, like a windmill, it really does help!

Also try trapped wind med from over the counter, not sure what brands you have over there, but ive got some windeeze

hope it goes soon and welcome home x

thank you I will try it out...

I found that Peppermint Tea helped to lift the gas... it's unpleasant, but eventually clears... take care precious xxx

hiya i was perscribed mintec they are peppermint oil capsules hope it passes soon we all know how awful it is for you big kisses xxx

I went and got some peppermint tea today it taste pretty good hopefully it will work

I find hot drinks help me the most, tea, coffee, peppermint anything in fact. I do find though that at times I've got to undo my bra strap accross my back as that can restrict the movement.

That peppermint tea is a miracle worker... lol i drank it and within like 30 minutes my gas was moving I feel alot better... thank you for the advice

Back