• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can I do?

Googley

I cant take anymore of being fat. I am 56, 5foot and weigh 14 stone.
I have a lot of medical conditions including ME, Menopause, Fibro, asthama, Reflux, IBS, Ulcer and allergies.
I am having an op in Jan for the reflux and ulcer (Keyhole) but once that is over I am determined to get an op to help me get rid of the weight.
I am trying to research now what the options will be, currently BMI is 33 so I may go higher to get over the 35 level for surgery.

Where would I start and what should I do.
What are the tiers I see people talk about?
Is it risky going abroad for surgery if NHS says no?

Sorry so many questions as I have no answers, thanks.

Parsnip

I cant take anymore of being fat. I am 56, 5foot and weigh 14 stone.
I have a lot of medical conditions including ME, Menopause, Fibro, asthama, Reflux, IBS, Ulcer and allergies.
I am having an op in Jan for the reflux and ulcer (Keyhole) but once that is over I am determined to get an op to help me get rid of the weight.
I am trying to research now what the options will be, currently BMI is 33 so I may go higher to get over the 35 level for surgery.

Where would I start and what should I do.
What are the tiers I see people talk about?
Is it risky going abroad for surgery if NHS says no?

Sorry so many questions as I have no answers, thanks.
Hi and welcome. The first thing I would do is find out the specific criteria for your local bariatric hospital. Many have higher requirements than the nice guidelines due to demand Vs funding so even if you get over 35 with comorbiditities it may not be enough to qualify unfortunately (it's worth checking your trust though).

That helps explains the tiers system a little. Basically, if you get referred to tier three it's basically a route to tier four (surgery) and there are lots (and lots) of hoops that need jumping through before you can go to tier four.

Lots of people go abroad for surgery as it's cheaper than paying privately in the UK but it's not something I really looked into as the idea terrified me.

Ask away, there is usually someone around who'll be able to help x

Bling Babe

Hi and welcome. The first thing I would do is find out the specific criteria for your local bariatric hospital. Many have higher requirements than the nice guidelines due to demand Vs funding so even if you get over 35 with comorbiditities it may not be enough to qualify unfortunately (it's worth checking your trust though).

That helps explains the tiers system a little. Basically, if you get referred to tier three it's basically a route to tier four (surgery) and there are lots (and lots) of hoops that need jumping through before you can go to tier four.

Lots of people go abroad for surgery as it's cheaper than paying privately in the UK but it's not something I really looked into as the idea terrified me.

Ask away, there is usually someone around who'll be able to help x
I can only reinforce what @Parsnip has said, it does concern me that your considering gaining weight in order to be eligible for surger. I do wish you luck, keep us up to date with your decision x

Bling Babe

Hi everyone! I was wondering whether or not anybody would love to partner with me as a hemp and CBD product reviewer? I have actually been given a lot of cbd products from top manufacturers which include Tasty Hemp Oil I likewise have a bunch of CBD and hemp products to send to CBD and hemp reviewers, including CBD Vaping, CBD Personal Lubricants and CBD Flower I also do vape reviews and am searching for a vape reviewer also to review the following eliquid brand names (will be transported to you): Clean E-Juice, Just Fruits E-Juice and Truve Vapor E-Juice Many thanks guys and have a fabulous day! You can reach me at https://allvapestores.com
I wouldn’t mind reviewing the eliquids it’ll help me get back into the habit of vaping over smoking but when I clicked your link it went to a generic site, how do I contact you personally?