• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what can i eat to keep my bowls moving

mrsklc3

My surgery date 11/16/10...I am having problem with my stomach. I think I start eating soft food to early.Now,I doing soft meat,eggs and fish. However,I went back to liquid still,slow moving,I'm still constipated...Help!!!

Constipation is very normal after surgery. Try not to worry too much I still have issues 10 or so weeks out. Altough I have a bypass not a band.

Try to take at least 1 1/2 litres of water or other water containing drinks per day. You may need something to help you go. Im guessing all the brand names will be different over there so probably best to give your Dr/ Drs office/whatever the right term is hehe a phone call.

Once you`re back onto the `Real` foods, you should get enough fibre in your diet to help you get back on track.

Saying that I still have problems and I had my band only a month before you. Because I follow my dieticians rules regarding food = protein first followed by vegetables, then carbs, it means that quite often means that I`m not having enough fibre to get me moving!

I try drinking more water based drinks - sugar free juice for instance, but still enjoy coffee mainly, and find it hard to cut back on the coffee. Guess I will have to keep taking `products` from the chemist to help keep me regular.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

I'm a bypasser so not sure if things are differnt for a bander, but as ZOe says, constipation is quite normal afterwards, usually due to lack of fluids/food. Try to really up your fluids if you can, You can also buy something called Movical over the counter at the chemist....you'll need to sit down before paying though as it is about £11, but I found that got me moving (gently...no purging). Now, I take an aloe vera colon cleasne tablet every evening & that keeps everything ticking along nicely...again, it's very gentle, no purging or hideous stomach cramps. Really hope things 'get moving' for you soon xxx

Back