• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can you not do without now

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
Ok so i double posted my last thread, so i changed this one lol

Is there anything you can not do without now that you would never have thought about before your band/bypass ? eg. food, something you keep in your bag always?

Your not allowed to say the band or bypass lol:D

Last edited:
My water bottle, as I drink all the time:D

I always have water, nuts & a protein bar with me.

I also have an extra pair of panties & bathroom spray -- just in case.

I'd say my trainers, set of scales, water, no added sugar squash, and the old man.

MNL:eek:

Dont wanna cause any blushes but why spare pants and bathroom spray?

hehe I was more on the wondering about MNL's old man rofl poor bloke ! does that mean you could do without him before the op ? or just that you didnt take him with you lol

Thanks guys, seems water is the one. I was curiuos to see if there were any little things. I could see me taking water, well squash, with me most places.

my lip gloss. got to keep them in good shape (just in case) there the only things that arnt sagging at the moment. lol

Because unlike the majority of people on this forum, Postop and I have had the DS not the band or bypass. The DS is a very different animal because of the malabsorption issues, and many people find that their BM's are at least 100% more pongy than previously. Some (but not lucky me) also have very smelly wind. The pants are for a similar reason - when we need to go we need to go - I can hang on 5 mins max, which can be tricky in certain situations. Luckily one's body gets into a rhythm so for instance I know I'll probably go twice in the morning and once in the evening, but this can't be guaranteed! I have had to use the spray a few times in public loos but so far the pants have not been called on, thank God!

No blushes. My poop smells worse than preop so when I go in a public bathroom I need it. (I also carry an atomizer of perfume in my rear pocket if I pass gas to spray the butt of my pants so it doesn't linger). And the panties are just in case of an accident. It's rare but can happen. Just want to be prepared.

Scales. LOL before I needed two sets one for each leg and I hated the chuffin things. Now I need to step on them several times each day. Oh the irony

Scales. LOL before I needed two sets one for each leg and I hated the chuffin things. Now I need to step on them several times each day. Oh the irony

Wow Karlos your weightloss is excellent! AND I know what you mean about the scales! lol

Water & a sweater, two things I never carried pre-op. I always have a bottle of water so I can sip all the time. I get cold easily now so I always have a sweater in my bag or tied at my waist just in case. I used to go out in winter without a coat but now I don't go out in summer without a sweater!!!

Also I try to always have a source of protein in bag (protein bar, nuts, beef jerky, protein bullet) in case I get hungry and need a snack or feel tempted to eat garbage.

Nic;)

Phatgirl, I was just like you. I have gone through many winters just not wearing a coat, much to many peoples shock. I just always never felt that cold and also just knew that a winter coat just bulked me up and made me look even fatter - like a fat girl in a sumo suit!!! LOL

But, I too definitely feel the cold. I know its not exactly been a tropical summer, but I have now rediscovered cardy's and coats. Looking forward to buying a really snazzy military short jacket that I've spotted. Wow, things have really changed!! :)

Back