• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can you not do without?

CANKSTER

Well now I'm post op and have my MBG I have my -

Stick blender
Smoothie maker (for protein shakes)
Slow cooker
Fage 0% yoghurt
Bovril

I don't think I can do without any of these items, does anybody else have any "Must Haves" they would like to share?

In no particular order

My water bottle
This Forum
Philadelphia Light soft cheese (for pureed stage)
Corned Beef

Dogs - sorry not very serious, I don't eat them!
I couldn't do without the my fitness planner as it allows me to plan my menus exactly.

My other half he has been very support and helped me out loads, I couldn't have done it alone I'm not that strong willed!

Equipment wise mini freezer pots!
Got 50 on eBay so I never feel I'm eating loads and a pot is only 50ml then just freeze the rest.

Fantastic, just bought some pots on eBay as well, thank you x

I've just ordered some pots too, this thread is so useful

I've just ordered some pots too
this site is def something I couldn't do without
along with dutch biscuits
I feel a bit confused - liquid stage but yoghurts and dutch biscuits & am worried I am doing it wrong

I've just ordered some pots too
this site is def something I couldn't do without
along with dutch biscuits
I feel a bit confused - liquid stage but yoghurts and dutch biscuits & am worried I am doing it wrong

Dr Chris lets you have the Dutch biscuits because they dissolve completely if you hold them in your mouth, yoghurt slides through as well, as long as it has no lumps in it. Stick with it...it works :D

Lynn x

thanks Lynn
I like specifics, I've just had about 60mls of high protein fat free yoghurt, (I looked at a pot of small yoghurt which was 125ml so weighed that out in a dish and was full half way through, so left rest
I'm wondering on how much??
I'm now on my brew having waited the time inbetween then it'll be mid morning snack,
it seems like you are having somehting all the time due to the waiting time between lol
If I have soup for lunch, I have got some weight watchers ones as sick already of cup a soup, are htese OK and how much should I have?
sorry to be a pain and bit thick. I'm going to fish my leaflet out of case and re rad and re read but oit isn't as detailed as people on here give you
ta wendy x

thanks Lynn
I like specifics, I've just had about 60mls of high protein fat free yoghurt, (I looked at a pot of small yoghurt which was 125ml so weighed that out in a dish and was full half way through, so left rest
I'm wondering on how much??
I'm now on my brew having waited the time inbetween then it'll be mid morning snack,
it seems like you are having somehting all the time due to the waiting time between lol
If I have soup for lunch, I have got some weight watchers ones as sick already of cup a soup, are htese OK and how much should I have?
sorry to be a pain and bit thick. I'm going to fish my leaflet out of case and re rad and re read but oit isn't as detailed as people on here give you
ta wendy x

It does feel like your life revolves around food and drink and clock watching at first lol

Any soup without lumps is fine, I think I had about a 1/3 of a large tin at first. The most important thing at this stage is to keep your fluids up. How much you can tolerate at a time is a personal thing, listen to your body.

Lynn x

Thanks Lynn

It's so different from all the food I was eatring
The liquid bit is the hardest as you can only sip
shlowly as Dr Chris says
I keep getting headaches and think it might be cos I'm not drinking enough
off for glass of water x

Thanks Lynn

It's so different from all the food I was eatring
The liquid bit is the hardest as you can only sip
shlowly as Dr Chris says
I keep getting headaches and think it might be cos I'm not drinking enough
off for glass of water x

I used a baby's sippy cup when I first came home, made it easier to keep sipping

Lynn x

that's a good idea, having previously been a greedy beggar, it's so easy to have too much :)

Can't remember where I read it but got thermos cup today as someone said good to keep drinks hot
Blooming brill
Fruit tea stayed hot for ages so now on can't do without list
Good investment ?

I can't do without my Wilko freezer pots. Equivalent to the size of a Muller Light yogurt (I was always advised this was an appropriate portion size). Tonight I've put aside 9 portions of roast dinner (puréed up and made out of one dinner plate full - even after one year out, I still like eating soft food at lunchtime) Already in the freezer is veg chilli, fish pie, lentils & halloumi, veg shepherds pie, Mediterranean vegetables and a couple of pots that will be a surprise when defrosted lol.

Well my pots have arrived
I ordered 50ml
So tiny surely this isn't a portion
Not like a muller
Think I'll use for sugar free jellies
I'm going to wilkos so I can see em
Doh!

Back