• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you buy and when?

DaisyMaesy

To All post oppers out there. How soon after losing weight did you buy your first new piece of clothing? Reading other posts some say they refused to buy inbetween stuff or the odd bits and pieces. I want to keep my old clothes as long as possible (I will certainly have a clear out as I go but I have many that don't fit at the moment...) and I too feel that buying inbetween is not right for me (unless a wedding comes up)
So come on, what did you buy and how far down the line? Undies don't count as there is a need for them but outer clothes that hide your shape. When did the rosebud bloom?

Reactions: Bev
I had 1 pair jeans 1 bra 3 knickers and 2 tops from size 36 to size 14 probably replacing them every other size.
Until know i'm a size 14 and am acquiring clothes at speed its ace!!!

Unlike many people I didn't have a wardrobe full of different sizes so I had to buy new stuff pretty quickly - especially once I went back to work. I have made do with as little as possible as I've gone down through 7 sizes in as many months, but I have to be presentable for the office - and not turn up in the same clothes every day ! I've bought as cheaply as possible, end of lines, discounted stock etc. The smaller I've got the easier it has been to find cheap clothes - discovering Primark was a revelation !

I bought bits and bats along the way but only from ebay and carboots and off friends who have had WLS. Have still not bought too much from shops apart from knickers and bras.

I had a few smaller sizes in my wardrobe but bought quite a lot for my summer holiday last year when I was 5 months post op. They are too big for me now so I've given them to charity shops. I'm now at goal so have been buying quite a lot recently as I don't intend to lose any more. Just bought a lovely pair of size 10 skinny jeans in a charity shop for £2.00 though. The wonder of WLS is how much money you save buying the smaller sizes!

Ive not bought too much but Ive only lost a couple of sizes up to now. I had quite a few things that wouldnt fit me pre-op that now fit so thats keeping me going for a bit. I did buy a few things in the sales though :D XX

I had cast offs in my wardrobe for years from my sister, then I got a bag of tops from freecycle in smaller sizes. Brought my first item of clothing at 5 months post op a pair of size 20 leggings, now need more clothes as only got the leggings 2 other pairs of trousers and 1 skirt that fit now

I had to buy new clothes pretty early on because I only had sizes 28 -34
Developed a taste for Per Una - and M&S in general!! but bought most of what I have from the sales or Outlet stores - got 2 pairs of size 12 trousers yesterday for a fiver each.

Only just developed a "wardrobe" before managed with enough to wash and wear - now am beginning to get a choice and seasonal clothes.

Have had undies and nightwear as needed

xxxx

Size 12 Angela... how fabulous for you!

I can't imagine it, but live in hope.

Have a great New Year!

Love and hugs xxx

My new best skirt is a 10!!!

My daughters now ask if I've bought skinny b**ch size or not!! Thats a 10!! Need a 14 if trousers have a rigid waistband

NEVER EVER thought I'd be writing this when I started - would have been happy at a 16!!

xxxxx

Oh Angela, - "skinny b**** size" - love it! Hope I get comments like that one day!

I've cleared out my wardrobe & have very few clothes left. I desperately need to buy some new trousers for going back to work next week but I'm between sizes.

Although I got the best pressie ever for Xmas. A new pair of pj's from La Senza. I could have cried with joy at being able to fit in them. They are a size 16 but hopefully they'll be too big soon ;)

I've already asked my sister (who ranges from a 14/16 to 18/20) to keep her clothes for me when she 'tires' of them.

I'm a 28/30 pre-op, but have sizes 24-30 in my wardrobe so should have enough to get me through to target with the use of a belt; and I can do simple alterations too.

I'm planning to save some money throughout the year towards a new wardrobe in 2012/13 (if I get my op in the back end of 2011).

i mostly buy just what i need for work at the moment as outside of work i am now fitting back into a lot of old skirts and tshirts i stored in my cupboard over the years.

but i have gone from a 32+ to a 20/22 at the moment.
think i first bought new tops in the 26/28 and then again when i hit 22
i keep getting told at work to stop wearing baggy clothes now lol

oh and i did treat myself to a new gok wan corset as it was half price :)

Back