• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do I do with the used syringes?

They usually give you a yellow 'sharps' box which you put your used syringes into. You then take that box to the chemist for disposal.
Lynne x

Sorry, we have sharps boxes in our house so used them after my blood thinning injections.
xXx

Ask your chemist to dispose of them for you as someone said in a sealed jar would be a good idea!

Sorry, we have sharps boxes in our house so used them after my blood thinning injections.
xXx

Hi, I only have to use them for 5 days - I'm a bander - so I've only got 3 to get rid of. I'll take them to the chemist to dispose of teem. Cheers me dear.xx

hope ur keeping ok after ur op - look forward to hearing how ur getting on x

Just told my hubby about the injections, he is looking forward to helping me with that; reckons he will take a run up like they do in Carry on Doctor!! :)

hope ur keeping ok after ur op - look forward to hearing how ur getting on x

Hi tink, I'm getting on great at the moment. A week tomorrow since I was banded. Bit sore (tight) round the middle wound but Its just the stitches. Back at work today (crap) and no probs. Sooo I'm just taking a day at a time and if any problems crop up I know where to come. Plenty of yoghurt and honey and cup a soups. And of course I'm drinking my aloe Vera juice to help me heal. I'm so happy to be on the other side. :)

Just told my hubby about the injections, he is looking forward to helping me with that; reckons he will take a run up like they do in Carry on Doctor!! :)

I was dreading my injections but actually the were ok to do. A bit daunting at first but banders only get 5 to do so not to bad. :)

Umm, injections? What for? *gets nervous* Have a big needle phobia (the biggest thing for me about the op in the first place). Is this for all banders? forewarned is forearmed! :)

Umm, injections? What for? *gets nervous* Have a big needle phobia (the biggest thing for me about the op in the first place). Is this for all banders? forewarned is forearmed! :)
Hi there, sorry only getting to this post now. Yes unfortunately we banders have to inject ourselves for five days. I too was dreading it but really after the first one its ok. Pinch a big bit of fat on your tummy, aim and squeeze, voila, done. No probs. A little prick - Im saying nothing!!:)

I had to inject for 28 days post op! all depends on advice from doctors and family history. Sorry for the bad news. Chemist said they won't take the sharps box. Going to try doctors next.

Hi, I've got to inject for 10 days after my band that was fitted Tuesday. If you put the used syringes in a jar or other container with a screw top (if you don't have a sharps bin) and take them to your GP or ring your local council who may collect them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Put a bag of frozen peas on you stomach first then you won't feel it :)
Hospital or doctors will take used needles as long as they are in a needle box x

Back