• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I have to inject myself after the sleeve?

We have got the healthcare card and are going to put half on that and try and pay off as much as we can, to try and leave a little bit of the extension money!! Yes I will agree the 10k or so with 5% monthly payments would be pretty much impossible for us as well........oh for a lottery win ;)

Too true ha ha

I hadn't thought of spreading the cost, need to do my sums. Thanks for your replies.

Hey, no worries, all in this to help each other.

Another thing we looked at was half on the card and put the other half on a credit card and then do a balance transfer onto a 0% card for however long you can get one. I hate paying interest (can't you tell;)).

Take care x

Was provided with four weeks supply of injections and Teds.

Anti embolism stockings hun :)

Yep, I had to inject myself in the thigh for one week post surgery. It was no problem, just an epipen-type needle.

Having just done my first at home injection there is nothing to it - I got all worked up about it but it really was fine

I'm ok - sore, and fed up with liquids already but feeling much better than I did. I hope it's worth it!

I'm due to have the sleeve in the next few months, I wasn't told about the injections after the op but I asked right at the end of the appointment. I got told yes I need them, think it may have been 10 days but I could be wrong. I can't stand needles but will attempt it myself, if not then my mum will do them for me :) I'm NHS in Sheffield.

Kirsty

I had 4 weeks of the injections after my sleeve - my tummy was one giant bruise - but you do get used to them.
Oh and don't be afraid to haggle - I went direct to my surgeon and got a bloody good deal ;)

I'm amusing myself by making pretty patterns with the holes! May aswell make the most of this tum before it all melts away!

I'm due to have the sleeve in the next few months, I wasn't told about the injections after the op but I asked right at the end of the appointment. I got told yes I need them, think it may have been 10 days but I could be wrong. I can't stand needles but will attempt it myself, if not then my mum will do them for me :) I'm NHS in Sheffield.

Kirsty

when you go for your pre op they will give you a little kit ready for after the op. in it is instruction leaflets and a little dinky yellow sharps bin. they will give you the pre loaded injections before u leave hospital. think they said the injections are for 2 weeks so roughly 10 days at home. i was given them in hospital last time i was in, didnt feel it going in but it had a little after burn

For anyone having to give self injections following surgery ..... Please don't worry or get worked up about them. They are tiny, painless and take just a second to do.
I had these for 10 days after giving birth recently. I took a nice pinch of fat tummy to injected and didn't feel a thing. One bit of advice is to avoid putting the needle into a stretch mark as the skin is tougher! Deep breath and relax. Job done :)

Ahh right robina :) thanks. Yes my mum says they doesn't really hurt but burn a little after you've done it.

My cousin had to have them for 10 days too following labour, her other half did them for her lol

Kirsty

I felt rough after surgery, the injections were such a small part to overcome for me. I only had 1 week of them and as my tummy was so big I didn't really feel them. Had big bruises though!

Hi

I've been reading on here that a few people have had to inject themselves post op to prevent clots? Is this normal as I don't think I could actually do it on myself as I have a fear of needles! :eek:

hello, I had to have these injections for 2 weeks (14 injections one per day)
i made my husband do them for me as I too have this fear of injecting myself :)

Good Luck

Back