• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you actually mean?

rudders

So many of you say that it's been tough or a rollercoaster or up and down or hard work...BUT all say you wouldn't change a thing.....

So what do you all mean?
Is it the pain?
The head?
The no going back?
Not being able to pig out?
Or all the above?
Thanks x
Rudders!!!

The head! You want, you try, you manage eat it/don't manage eat it...resulting in either bad choices if you're not careful which prevent you losing or a lifetime of learning the hard way by dumping etc...! Depends on your surgery type I'd say! Just that if your mind isn't ready then no op sorts you and makes you slim x

Lordy. All of the above!
I got to grips with the physical stuff (dumping, intolerance, food getting stuck..) but also had to contend with Type 1 diabetes and the constant readjustments to my insulin regime.
Mainly though it's been my head. I spent 15 odd years big and in the space of 2 years, suddenly I'm not. My head lagged behind my physicality. Not surprising when you think about it.
I still have these issues, but am trying to accept them. People don't help - I've had a few comments about "eating some more food" and that doesn't help when I still "think" I'm fat but can see I'm not.
But hey - I don't regret it at all :D. Not one bit.

Back