• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What does it feel like

mrsstreet

Ok so here's a few questions: due to my anxiety about well just about everything, I would like to be prepared for how it feels to have the band.... Somewhere I read you feel pain in your chest and that freaks me out!! :cry:

so what does it feel like if food gets stuck? And what happens? :confused:

Will I be aware of it on liquid/puree stage and what will it feel like?

4 days and counting until I'm banded :D:D:D:D

Hi Mrsstreet, Some people have pain from wind for a little while afterwards, I was one of the lucky ones that didn't.I was only banded just over three weeks ago so that is all I can speak about, I had no problems at all during the liquid only two weeks except that I put 2lb on the second week.Again no problems with the purée week. the first time I felt anything from the band was this 4th week when I tried a kipper and after one mouthful the band said stop, it was just a feeling like having wind that needs to move, but 2 minutes later I was absolutely fine, so apart from that I am not really aware of the band but just knowing it is there is making me behave (foodwise).Good luck with your surgery and I'm sure someone with more experience than I will be along soon. x

You'll soon get the hang of it and we all have different issues with different foods.

Above all you read on here any anywhere else, follow what your provider says. They know best from what they want from you.

If you eat or drink too quickly or too much then you can get sliming or productive burbling or throw up until you've removed enough for the band too be happy again. Or a combination of all :D

I had restriction from the start and then 3 fills, a defill, then a fill to I got the perfect spot last November which has been great since then.

I have port issues however and my band will be a piece of art on my wall in 6 weeks as I convert to a bypass :eek:

Good luck, and welcome to your new thinner self :eek:

If you eat or drink too quickly or too much then you can get sliming or productive burbling or throw up until you've removed enough for the band too be happy again. Or a combination of all :D

Sounds beautiful! haha. Yes I have been told to follow what my provider says to the letter which I will. I don't want any of the above!

Hi Mrsstreet, Some people have pain from wind for a little while afterwards, I was one of the lucky ones that didn't.I was only banded just over three weeks ago so that is all I can speak about, I had no problems at all during the liquid only two weeks except that I put 2lb on the second week.Again no problems with the purée week. the first time I felt anything from the band was this 4th week when I tried a kipper and after one mouthful the band said stop, it was just a feeling like having wind that needs to move, but 2 minutes later I was absolutely fine, so apart from that I am not really aware of the band but just knowing it is there is making me behave (foodwise).Good luck with your surgery and I'm sure someone with more experience than I will be along soon. x

Thanks Slaz, thats good to know and very helpful!!

Back