• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens at the 6 week post surgical check up?

Jozefina

Hi all

I was sleeved 6 weeks ago and will be seeing my surgeon next week for the post op check up. This may sound like a silly question, but is this just a chat about how it's all going etc or will I be examined? I ask only because I'm trying to sort out my clothes for that day (no easy task as I'm between sizes at the moment, and the weather doesn't help) and I'm in court* in the morning, followed by this apointment in the afternoon. If I wear what I want to wear for the legal stuff, I'll have to get completely undressed for the medical bit - but if I'm not going to be examined, that doesn't matter.

Any ideas?

I thank you.

* no, I haven't been naughty, am a lawyer :8855:

Mine just had a quick look at my scars. Nowt to worry about. Ps I'm a lawyer too :)

Better be careful what I say :-D.

I had to flash my scars too x

Trusty black trousers saw me through many a stone!

None of my approximately 802 pairs of black trousers fit me at the moment, LOL; all too big and MC Hammer like or a bit too tight!

muahaha. Now we all know who to go to for legal advice :p

M&S do basic ones for £12.50.

At my 'six' week appointment last week I didn't have to get my tummy out. Makes a change as he's seen it more times than either of us have probably had hot dinners. He also stopped weighing me about 10 appointments ago, I think someone told him it was starting to freak me out a bit.

I was expecting a bit of a b*llocking for not eating or drinking, but he was nice which was a bit of a relief.

He took once glance at me and told me that I couldn't eat or drink as I was being sick so much. Bingo ;) either that or he's being following me and spotted that the grim reaper had popped in for a nice cup of tea. My bones are overly noticeable now ;)

This time last WLS I had to get my tummy out, so did my husband (at his operation, not my follow up appointment :rolleyes:), it was a chat about my eating habits and how things were going.

Skirt or trousers and sensible knickers :D

Back