• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what happens next

claire38

hi guys im new here im from huddersfield west yorks , i went to the docs last year and i did some weight management with my practice nurse , i have under active thyroid , sleep apnea and hip problems , i asked my doctor to refer me for a gastric band on the nhs , i had a meeting with a consultant who sent me on a course for 8 week shape up course which i have now finished , i mad all the changes and tried but didnt loose any weight , could anyone tell me what the next stage is ?

Not sure what the next stage is for you lovey, but wanted to welcome you to our lovely site.
Someone will be able to help you out x

thank you

Welcome Claire i am from Halifax, My surgeon works at Hudds i went on the course and then had to applie again, got turned down so went private with same surgeon Mr Dobbins, i wish you luck and hope all goes well x

Welcome to the forum! Each PCT has slightly different rules for their steps. I hope someone can answer your questions soon.

I`m afraid I can`t help, But welcome to the forum x

Hi Claire and :welcome2: to the forum :D Good luck with your weighloss journey and feel free to ask any questions even if you think they sound daft, theres usually always someone around to help :D XX

thanks , wendy did they tell you why you had got turned down ?

Hello

I live in Huddersfield - but had my op in Leeds cos I waited too long on the list.

If you've done the bits they asked of you I'd phone whichever consultant you have's secretary!!.

Or the bariatric nurse.

There is a Calderdale and Huddersfield Bariatric surgery support group - attendance at which I understand is compulsory for at least one meeting and there is a Facebook page for it - under the above title.

Not quite sure exactly what the procedure is - have heard a multi-disciplinary team meeting mentioned. Have you had your session with the dietican and the bariatric nurse?

As a word of warning they went mad when I put on weight and I was deferred for 3 months and not allowed to put on any more - then I was put on the waiting list!!!

Hope you hear something soon

xxxxx

i have just done the 8 week course with the dietitian , seen the physio , now waiting for another appointment to see a doctor raj..
i am really struggling with my under-active thyroid , Imo on thyroxine and still struggle to loose weight cos of the limit of exercise i can do

i have just got an appointment through for next wednesday to go and see the consultant again so fingers crossed for me pls

Best wishes Claire. I so hope you get the right result.
Grace xxx

Back