• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

doctors had my letter 3 weeks

Almost forgot always ring after appointments to see if they can send an appointment out. So around 2-3 weeks after weight management finishes ring up and say that you have completed it could you have your next appointment. Same with nurse and dietitian, as some receptionist do sort it out for you and some don't. But could take months off for you and makes sure they haven't lost or forgotten you :) x

Oh I have also stopped smoking and lost over half a stone already since my hospital weigh in but my problem is I can lose a few stone but not keep it off for longer than a couple of months.

charlie_pops said:
Do you think why weight could bypass the doctor? X I'm gonna ring take lane tomorrow thank you for advice

Hi Charlie I would ring why weight too and get them on your side and ask them for a report to be sent to mr woodcock with your start weight on it and how well you have done might help and they could see you had a bmi of over 40. Definitely ring rakelane, hope you manage to get it sorted as it was a rubbish thing for your doctor to do, he would of knew your bmi would get under 40 as you have to loose weight at weight management for their report x

Mandz66 said:
Oh I have also stopped smoking and lost over half a stone already since my hospital weigh in but my problem is I can lose a few stone but not keep it off for longer than a couple of months.

Woo hoo well done that's the hard part done with the smoking :) I stopped too I was on 20 a day, still haven't went back on them and my op was 4th jan :) also great on the half a stone weight loss it's a great start :) I can totally understand how hard it is too keep it off and surgery will help with that. It takes around 12 months from seminar to surgery some less :) but so hard to try and keep weight lower than your previous appointment (they see it as commitment) but just remember the end prize, it is so worth it x

Well done you too:) I was 20-30 a day and the doc gave me champix to help me, I am still early days but determined x

Got a phone call at 8 am from the practice manager and he said oh I hear ur not very happy, I explained and he said he was having a meeting with all the doctors this morn and my case would be put forward, waiting or him to ring back but I'm still going to go I we there heads

Just wanted to say well done with giving up the smoking!!! I know just how hard that is also!! I was 30-40 a day for over 35 years, and gave it up 5 weeks ago! Hardest thing I have ever done!! So really well done you for giving up and managing to lose some weight at the same time!!! ( I have managed to put on over 71bs since I stopped)!! xxxx :eek:

Thank you Amanda, I never thought I would be able to give up as I have smoked for 32 years and quite heavy too. I have been snacking on raw carrot, celery, sliced apple n grapes coz I don't want to put any weight back on. Xxx

Back