• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

doctors had my letter 3 weeks

charlie_pops

so i wanted my doctor to refer me for an op and he said go away and do the weight management course, did that and they were super happy with me, they wrote a letter to him saying yup the girls done good refer her. been 3 weeks and he hasnt even read the thing! rang up the docs 4 times and even the receptionist said that he hasnt been busy with others and should of read it. shes sent him 2 messages about me calling and asked if he could get back to me. apart of me thinks he doesnt want to refer me as he wasnt intrested in my history or me in general. i dont want to waste an appointment but im thinking about booking one with him and be like ok im here so read my letter grrrr. anyone else had this? any advice what to do?

I would make that appointment too & also to see the practice manager and explain what's happened. Good luck :)

good god thats not good is it and not the kind of treatment you expect from our caring health professionals is it !! xx

It doesn't matter whether he is interested or not, make the appointment, ask him to read the letter in front of you, then ask him to refer you. If you get no joy then take it further. Good luck x

i rang the doctors again and i want to kill them!

apparently on the 22nd of march he wrote a note to say i dont meet the pct criteria, i clearly do as its bmi of over 40 and mine was 42 at the start. apparently because ive lost weight on the course he said i should " just keep doing that"

i rang the doctors again and i want to kill them!

apparently on the 22nd of march he wrote a note to say i dont meet the pct criteria, i clearly do as its bmi of over 40 and mine was 42 at the start. apparently because ive lost weight on the course he said i should " just keep doing that"
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I would change my doc, how very dare he!!!

im so angry at him, he doesnt even care if i could loose weight " just doing that" then wouldnt i be slim? i need the help. my pct is bmi over 40 no co morbidites, i can argue that im going to get diabetes as my mam,2 uncles and grandmother all have it, and there not obese. they said they have an appointment 30th april! if i want to discuss something. seriously ready to swing for them :(

Hi Charlie you have had a right time with your doctor. He should of referred you for surgery at the same time as weight management. I couldn't understand why he didn't do that. Don't worry all is not lost but unfortunately you might have to get your bmi back to 40 then go back and say you can loose weight you just can't keep it off. Then he can not not refer you. He has been sneaky making you do it the way you have as he should have done both at same time :( how much weight do you have to put on to get to a bmi of 40? X

id have to put the stone an a half back on, im sat here reading the pct requirements and just dont understand him. the why weight people( weight management) were super happy with me and supportive of what i wanted.

Why don't you ring rakelane (mr woodcock secretary) and explain what's happened and about your doctor not referring you, but why weight are more than happy as they will know best. If they say you can get referred then your doctor hasn't got a leg to stand on, I definitely think your GP is anti wlsurgery x

Do you think why weight could bypass the doctor? X I'm gonna ring take lane tomorrow thank you for advice

Thats dreadful treatment hope you get some help when you ring why weight if not like Mandzz said speak to your practice manager, that is shocking. Good luck xx

Please can someone tell me what I should be doing? I got referred by my doctor to Mr Woodcock at Rake Lane and went to the seminar in feb. I spoke to Mr Woodcock after the seminar and he advised me to get my gp to refer me to weight management and the sleep clinic which I have done and my appointments are this month. I got weighed at the hospital before the seminar and handed the questionnaires in .............. What happens next? I haven't heard anything back from the hospital, should I have?

It can take a while depending on which hospital you go to also even if you go they will wait til you have had a sleep study that held me up quite a bit thgere was quite a wait for the sleep clinic. Hope yours is faster. xx

Thanks Chrisa, I have an appointment at sleep clinic at Rake Lane Hospital on 30th April and 11th April for assessment with weight management. I am also getting a full screening on 17th April for diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure etc at my doctors. Just going to take one step at a time and hopefully I will get there in the end. :)

You'll get there but appointments get cancelled fequently you will see by reading the posts good luck xx keep opstingbyour info. xx

Mandz66 said:
Please can someone tell me what I should be doing? I got referred by my doctor to Mr Woodcock at Rake Lane and went to the seminar in feb. I spoke to Mr Woodcock after the seminar and he advised me to get my gp to refer me to weight management and the sleep clinic which I have done and my appointments are this month. I got weighed at the hospital before the seminar and handed the questionnaires in .............. What happens next? I haven't heard anything back from the hospital, should I have?

Hi mandz you now have funding as have been to seminar and when they weighed you at seminar this is your start weight :) you now have to complete your weight management and loose some weight as they send a report to mr woodcock. Once that's complete you will get an appointment for nurse then dietitian. If you haven't lost enough weight from seminar to nurse she will set you a weight loss target. Once you have seen dietitian you will get an appointment with surgeon where he will give you your date :) if you have lost the target weight or if you didn't get target must weigh under your last weight. Don't know about sleep study as I never had one. Once you have your date you have a few more appointments, pre post op diet, pharmacist, pre op and the last one is day before op to start blood thinning injections. Hope that helps :) x

Back