• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is dumping???

Slimslo

hi just wondering what dumping is it seems everyone is doing it???

Hi Slimslo, its when we bypassers have taken in too much sugar or fat. Our 'innards' can be extremely sensitive to fat/sugar and this causes dumping, the experience of which is sweating/shaking/nausea/feeling thoroughly exhausted afterwards and needing to rest/sleep...

Unfortunately i'm not a dumper but i live in hope it will come with time :) xx

Only bypassers get this...and i am sure one will be along soon to explain fully.

As a bander you wont get it. :)

ITS HELL ON EARTH!!

I had my first dumping episode after a blue ribband last week, i was minutes from calling an ambulance! I thought i was literally going to die! I was hot, my heart was racing, then i was sick, i felt better after being sick but had to go to bed, god it was horrible, now i run from chocolate!!!

lol........I dont know whats worse, being a dumper or not being a dumper! x

The latter is dotty! I would love to have the fear of dumping, however it's getting more and more less likely every day! Grrrr bad bypass!

Its really frightening

I'm really, really hoping that I dump. That way I won't be tempted to test out how much I can get away with. Mind you, if I dump I'll only find out by accident, as I don't want the experience of finding out.

Rebirth

Oh dear, that sounds scary!!! I am glad that i will not be getting that.

I think I agree Julie, as horrible as it is it would help to keep you on the straight and narrow......hmmmm maybe i want to be a dumper aswell as a trumper ;) x

i've only done it once, not nice, heart racing, dizzy, tired etc, went to bed for 4 hours, was my own fault, had a magnum ice cream thingy, should have been happy with that, but was greedy and thought i'd have another....never again, but hey ho!! you live and learn, believe me if you haven't dumped, don't!!

ok...... glad to be a trumpter, but hurts like hell...

i trump for England too!! better out than in, the ****er pays no rent

dumping can happen on some days and not on others i think.. with me anyway.. i used to be really bad but now im ok if i have VERY small bad things and not very often.. if i push my luck ... then i feel like im half dead.. it really is horrid! i can dump on fruit somedays.. my pouch has a mind of its own. x

Im a year post op and havent dumped yet, thank goodness, but Im glad I havent. I have small treats now and then but the fear of dumping stops me bingeing on sugary food.

i am 10 days post and was able to go on pureed so decided to have cheesey mash as it seemed to be popular well 10 minutes later oh my god i thought i was going to die......cold,hot,turned white and lips, even though sat i felt i was falling,sick,nausea,shakes and had no control over my body after i was so cold and tired.
it really scared me and today im frightened to eat.

Same as Sam here Not a dumper some times wish I was as the naughty food is creeping back in but not in the huge amounts it use to be

Dumping is vile, sweaty, hot, trembly, dizzy, feels like you my pass out...and wrecked for hours or even a whole day after.....and it can happen on a tiny amount of sugar (in my case)
so you have to really watch out or 'hidden' sugars!

But, yes, I'm glad I'm a dumper, it keeps temptation well and truly at bay!

Back