• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is it with these people? Dont they understand how stressfull this journey is?

Linski

Sorry everyone I just have t have a moan.
After losing my referral for almost 12 months my surgeon said he would apply for my funding and to ring his secretary in a week to check it had gone off. He wants to keep in close contact now after filing my referral in anothers file! The file he found mine in incidently was found on the day her did a bypass on this guy who was referred the same time as me LAST MONTH!!

Once she had sent the proformer and his letter to send in a support letter from myself and my GP. Firstly, they have got the PCT wrong and I rang to tell the secretary. She assurred me she would send to South Staffs and the origional one to Wolverhampton had not gone yet. So I left it another week and rang to check. "Yes its gone" she said in a quiet voice. "So it's safe to send mine and GP letter now as Mr S wanted me to check with you so they recieve his first?"
She replied " Yes its gone"

So........ waited another week and rang the PCT to check she had recieved all correspondance as she needs to for the 12th the latest to put to the boared on the 19th.

Guess what? She has mine and the GP's but absolutely nothing from the secretary yet!!!!!!! Mine was sent a week after so how can this be????

I am so fed up with all of this. I feel really, really low and just can't snap out of it.
Someone is going to feel my wrath tomorrow!!!

Linski xxx:copon:

I feel for you hon, can't offer much by the way of advice or support...sounds like you are doing all you can, checking & re-checking that things have been done....pretty poor that you have to, but we all know how overwoked/under-resourced our hospitals are, not that it's any excuse. In short, no my lovely, I don't think they realise how stressful it is while we are waiting to slowly crawl through the whole process.....but just remember, you will get there eventually....picture yourself in a slinky little dress to keep yourself going....because you will get there eventually, even if it doesn't feel like it yet! Some ladies on here have been waiting years, literally years to get their ops, but they did get them...and in the meantime, this forum is a safe environment for you to vent! xxxx

Oh Lin, ring PALS. This is so wrong. How is the stupid woman still in her job? It beggars belief! You still don't even know if it went to the correct PCT if at all. Good luck tomorrow and keep calm, it will get you much further than throwing a wobbly

Lin, I'm so very sorry you're going through this. It's utterly dreadful and feels so unfair. I think maybe you should ring the surgeon himself. It needs sorting.
Grace xxx

Back