• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What makes your calories every day?

Kansascitysue

Hi everyone!
I am mentally stuck and need help and ideas, please.
Would love to know how many calories you intake everyday ... and what they consist of. What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?
I just ran out of ideas for things to eat and because of that ... I got off track.
Can anyone help me????
Thank you!!

Hi
as a newbie myself I tend to have either a yogurt or half a Weetabix in the morning,
Lunch is mostly a home made soup with chicken or ham in and loads of veg. blended.a small bowl
Evening cottage cheese and chopped up meat. with veg.
snacks are strawberries or grapes blueberries raspberries.
I also have 2 glasses of milk during the day with protein powder in.
I personally struggle to keep some foods in,
chicken-eggs-fish-oranges-grapefruit
I am not one of the speediest losers, although I have never dumped and my bloods show as excellent so I must be doing something right.
Hope that helps, some of the more knowledgeable ones here will be along shortly to help as well.

Kansascitysue - have you had a band? As it doesn't say in your postbit what surgery you've had - and the suggestions for the foods above from wrighty who has had a bypass would be classed as a slider food and not great for a band.

I just wanted to check what surgery you'd had, as the post is on the band board, but didn't want to make suggestions if you'd not had a band lol

Hi!
Yes ... I have had my band for 2 years. Have hit a plateau and just need some ideas about meals that work for others. I think I have been doing the same thing for so long that my body got used to it ... and am just stuck for food ideas.
I also quit smoking 101 days ago (and have gained 10 pounds. But for me, it is better to lose those 10 pounds than still be a smoker).
Thank you!

breakfast grilled sausage bacon and scrambled egg, muesli, fage 0%, crackerbreads with marmite or peanut butter or danio yog, or porridge.

Lunch jacket potato with meat or beans and cheese, beans with cheese and chopped up hot dog sausages, ravioli or last nights left over dinner, meat and salad,

Dinner homemade burgers, roast chicken, meat and veg, curry, balsamic chicken. Mainly something meaty x

I'm a ballooner, here's my typical foods:

Breakfast: Turkey sausage, eggs, veggies (spinach, onion, mushroom). Sometimes I'll do an egg scramble with some ham.

Lunch: Tuna fish with chopped cucumbers in it made with mustard instead of mayo. Grilled chicken with slices of tomato and cucumber. Turkey roll ups with a bit of low fat cream cheese and pickled banana peppers.

Dinner: Salmon filet with grilled asparagus. Filet mignon with spinach and mushrooms. Chili made with turkey and lots of veg (onions, peppers, mushrooms, beans, corn). Cajun prawns over salad. Miso soup and tuna sashimi. Lean sausage with sauerkraut. Basically protein and veg.

For snacks I'll have a Babybel or a pickled cucumber or a piece of ham or turkey.

Right now I have between 1100 and 1300 cals a day, but I'd like to bring that down to 1000-1100.

My band is tight in the morning, so I don't have breakfast. I get hungry around 10.30, and I tend to have some dry cereal or breakfast biscuits. For lunch I'll have salad, prawns, boiled egg, quinoa, couscous, occasionally soup or jacket potato (tend to avoid them unless I REALLY fancy them due to slider-ness). Sometimes I'll have crackers and cheese or leftovers from the night before.
Dinner tends to be fish and veg, chilli with cauliflower "rice", chicken and veg, goats cheese and veg... I don't cook carbs with dinner as I never seem to get to them within my 20 minutes. I've seen a peeler that will make spaghetti from courgette, and I might give that a go - veg as carbs!

There are some recipes in the bander section and a food diary, well worth having a shufti there for inspiration.

Congrats on giving up smoking!

Also ... I have a hard time with not only eggs but potato's, pasta and leftovers. Not that those carbs are a good choice .... but I cannot get leftovers to stay down no matter what it is or how I heat them up.

By the way ... what do you mean by being a "ballooner"??

You can do the veggies with turkey sausage/bacon as a big scramble in the morning, sans egg. I'll also have 0% Fage with a handful of berries sometimes but I usually like a big breakfast or I'll be hungry all day.

I eat about 1,100 calories a day (it changes monthly per my dietitian). I'm starting the 5:2 diet on Saturday where you eat healthy for 5 days and eat 500 calories on 2 days. I'm hoping to shift a few more Kg's by the end of the month.

To answer your question, I haven't had WLS per se; I had a gastric balloon inserted in my stomach (via endoscopy) that's filled with saline (the volume of 2 cans of soda). This takes up room in my stomach and helps me control my portions. I've lost 18 kilos so far and have 12 more to go to hit goal and a BMI of 23! Most balloons are for 6 months but I got a 12 month one.

Regarding the spaghetti veggie thingy - my hubby was just in the UK so I ordered one on Amazon and had him bring it back. Looking to make zucchini "pasta" on Saturday for dinner.

Attachments

• image-3083198543.jpg
    image-3083198543.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 27
What wonderful ideas everyone is giving me! I have been so frustrated and ever so grateful for this site and the people on it! I am beginning to get new hope to work my band like I used to!
I thank you for helping me thru this. I am single, no kids and work 12 hour shifts so to be honest, it has been easy for me to take the lazy road when stress, winter, work and life get hectic. I honestly do not eat out much because I also have a wheat allergy and fast food just does not go down in a friendly fashion!
I can do this! I can do this!
I am in Missouri, by the way.

What wonderful ideas everyone is giving me! I have been so frustrated and ever so grateful for this site and the people on it! I am beginning to get new hope to work my band like I used to! I thank you for helping me thru this. I am single, no kids and work 12 hour shifts so to be honest, it has been easy for me to take the lazy road when stress, winter, work and life get hectic. I honestly do not eat out much because I also have a wheat allergy and fast food just does not go down in a friendly fashion! I can do this! I can do this! I am in Missouri, by the way.
I lived in STL some years back in between my stints in LA and NOLA. I absolutely love Missouri. Love. My bestie still lives there and I visit her every year and spend some time in Lake of the Ozarks. Small world. I'm jealous that you can just order the spiral slicer! If I ever want to shop online it takes a well coordinated effort and at least 7 hours on a plane. My poor mom has to bring an extra suitcase to bring me stuff from the States when she visits. I'm Bostonian, btw.

Wow! It is a small world! NOLA ... New Orleans??? I am originally from Montana but my job allowed me to move a lot. I moved here 5 years ago from Shreveport/Bossier City, LA. So Neisie where are you now??

Back