• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What pain relief can i take?

mandymoo

Just about to come out of hospital, gave got dis-solvable tabs but not sure now as had some in hospital but the fizz didn't disappear even after a long while x
Sorry panicking now x

Did the hospital not send you home with any meds? I had 2 carrier bags full!! If nit then I would call your team to see what you can take. I was given normal codeine and paracetemol they wernt the dissolve-able ones and I was ok but some providers insist on the dissolveable. I hope you are out of pain soon xx

Dont panic hun, i had the dis-solvable one and the taste made me gag so much i couldnt take them.

I got some that you put on tongue and the dissolved in mouth - lemon flavour they were ok but i ended trying just normal capsule paracetamols and i could swallow with no problems and found them the best.

My provider said it was ok to take just normal tablets but check with yours xxx

I use nurofen meltlets which I think might be what Leanne tried above...I find them...gross...but not as bad as the disolve in water ones.
Sometimes I have those soluable ones in orange squash as it makes them less disgusting

yeah they are the ones the nurofen meltlets lemon flavour, i didnt like them but like you say neen better than the dis-solvable ones.

Thanks all probably just being over zealous as consultant was dead against fizzy drinks, will try dropping them in orange & water Neen good idea xx

Yeah ive tried both (nurofen ones and disolvable ones)
The disolvable ones do go down better in orange squash and are stronger.

My provider told me to stay away from ibruofen as it irritates the stomach lining.

Disolve them in a pint of orange squash and sip over the hour.

Now have dissolveable, melts & I'm sure there's calpol in the house somewhere lol xx

I dissolve mine in a bit of sugar free flat pop. Stir them up into it because they leave a residue on the side of the glass which should be in your system not on the side of the glass lol.
Now I'm a lot better i dissolve my pills in the tiniest amount of water to dissolve them in, give them a good stabbing with a spoon and drink them in tiny sips and even wipe out the glass with my finger to make sure I am having every last drop of pain relief, and then I have a nice tasty drink of diluted orange squash.
Lynne x

tesmaralda said:
I couldn't take dissolvable as the made me gag, I used sugar free calpol 6+ and this worked well til I could swallow tablets. If you need something stronger talk to your team or your gp - I also had tramadol but even taking just 1 had me halucinating and feeling spaced out ;)

Don't take tramadol sweet as they make you depressed - had to go on them when I had a car crash worst 10 months off my life. Will have to see how I go xxx

Back