• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What percentage weightloss did you achieve?

Thanks sam that was a bit selfish of me really there are lots of people that would give anything to have lost that amount of weight. i have now slapped my wrist and will come back fighting onwards and upwards or in our cases downwards. Janey:)

Janey look at your loss stats in the left bar, you've lost over 35% of your original weight! That is fantastic for 8 months out :) You are doing really well.

Thanks sam that was a bit selfish of me really there are lots of people that would give anything to have lost that amount of weight. i have now slapped my wrist and will come back fighting onwards and upwards or in our cases downwards. Janey:)

Thats the spirit hun.

janey you are doing bloody fantastic never mins slapping yr wrist give yourself a massive pat on the back.
amaizing
carole

oh blow i feel quite depressed now i am 8 months post bypass i have lost 12 stone and i have still only lost 55% of my excess weight. janey:(

OMG Janey, 12 stone Is a massive amount of weight to lose you have done so well and should be so Proud of yourself.
Don't be so hard on yourself hun.

You'd need to know what weight you would need to be to have a healthy BMI. I ran your height through a reverse BMI calculator and it says for BMI 25 you should be 159lbs, or 11st5.

So from your start weight 25st5 - 355
take away your target weight - 355 - 159 = 196lbs excess weight.

weight lost / excess weight x 100 = percentage lost so
103/196x100= 52.5%

So far you have lost 52.5% of your excess weight :) which for a band around the 1 year mark is spot on!

I am crap at percentages and stuff too:confused: lol,
Pretty Please can you work mine out for me shell. Thanks

Ok doke, your target weight is 141lbs for a BMI of 25, so your excess weight was 76lbs

103/76x100=135%!

Oh Janey, please don't be so hard on yourself, you have done AMAZING and should be very, very proud of what you have achieved in 8 little months. I wouldn't want anything I have said to make you feel bad, as I think you are a star!!! I guess I should have said that for me and many others, determination and following the rules allowed us to get to our goals and exceed the expectations given to us by our surgeons. That will be you too I reckon, you are well on your way to healthy and you obviously know what to do (12 stone down means you are doing it right!) so keep up the good work.

Nic;)

Oh Janey, please don't be so hard on yourself, you have done AMAZING and should be very, very proud of what you have achieved in 8 little months. I wouldn't want anything I have said to make you feel bad, as I think you are a star!!! I guess I should have said that for me and many others, determination and following the rules allowed us to get to our goals and exceed the expectations given to us by our surgeons. That will be you too I reckon, you are well on your way to healthy and you obviously know what to do (12 stone down means you are doing it right!) so keep up the good work.

Nic;)

Oh Nic i'm not upset with anything you said how could i be you are always so helpful and i value any advice you give. I think it is probably the long haul sydrome. But i am okay i have started round 2 and i am sure i will get there and i shall be shouting from minimins roof tops when i do. Janey:D:D:D:D:D

Back