• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What pre op diet to choose

Paula1975

Got my confirmation letter for pre op and op this morning and included was options for pre op diet. What one is best?

I did the low cal/low carb/low fab one as I knew I wouldn't be able to do the liquid one as my blood sugar dips pre-op were horrendous. I've done meal replacement diets in the past and lasted about 2 weeks as I constantly felt dizzy. From what I've read though most people on here seem to have done the liquid one for ease.

I also did the low cal /low carb. I also did not think I would manage with no food. By filling up on leafy green veg at meal times I never felt like I was going without.

i did low cal low fat/carb. I didnt want to do the milk diet, as i really like milk and wanted lots of it post op, as its full of protein, and didnt want to put myself off by having too much.
Good luck :) xxx

Sometimes its easier not have a choice hey?

Mine was slimfast, hard work but worth it in the end xx

Im on the milk diet.Its been 4 days now its not going too well im sick of milk.I have one bowl of homemade veg soup a day.then 2 yoghurts and 4 pieces of fruit.I had a milky coffee not long ago and i enjoyed that.even though it was milk it was different.I just keep reminding myself of the end result.4 more days to go then its my op.:):):)

i wasnt given an option... just a low fat low carb diet... but i dont think i could of done a milk diet as i dont like milk x
I lost 2 stone in 4 weeks and my liver shrunk so all good x

No option for me - three pints milk two diet yoghurts a day. Was soooooo much easier than I thought and honestly no hunger

Low carb/low fat/high protein one for me. Lost 1 1/2 stone in 2 weeks.

Back