• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What should I do?!?!

If you don't ask questions how will you know the answer .. Asking people who have been there and done it are the best people to ask after all . They will k ow the answers you can't find by reading stuff on the Internet ..
I've asked more than my fair share of questions in here that's for sure ! And have always been given honest and truthful answers ..
So ask away Miss Chick !
Mindy
Xxx

Thank you everybody for your kind words! One day of lsd down....been a busy day so luckily I've been distracted. It's the days I'm sat at home that worries me. Will say my breath feels like it's disgusting and I did have to have a few cups of tea with sweetener to perk me up a bit. Hope that's alright! Don't want anything to go wrong!

Hi to Countrywench, You said earlier of having a knee problem due to carried a this weight prior the surgery. Did your knee has improve after the surgery due to weight loss? Because recently I have been having this pain in my knees and my GP said I have an arthritic knee and on the 24 of May my funding was successful I am just waiting to be referred on tier 3 diet.

Funny you should ask that .. The answer is no lol .. My original knee , the right one , is now so damn sore , worse than it was to be honest ,even though there's weight off it .. The left knee doesn't hurt at all now which is great ..
I think my right knee hurts bad because I am infact a lot more active than I was before .. So I'm using it more and asking more of it instead of being lazy and resting it .. Since dropping some weight I have noticed how npbent that leg actually is .. It bows forward , my knee won't lock backwards and straighten my leg up when standing , it's just to painful
I now know I deff need a knee replacement , but that won't happen until I've lost over 10st in total ..
Yours may feel a lot better after losing weight . Mine are knackered . The right knee doesn't have any cartilage left in it at all , an X-ray showed the extent of the damage in there , so it's practically bone on bone .. Awful ..
I'm glad to hear you e got your funding , that's brilliant news ..
Xxxx

Last edited:
Well day 4 of lsd...first day was horrific. Tired, hungry, felt quite faint at points! However, had really left a long gap between shakes so the last few days haven't been too bad as I've spaced them out better. The noises my tummy is making though! Oh my goodness! The shame lol! Also struggling to drink enough (as always!) BUT hopped on the scales this morn and have managed to lose 4 pounds! I know, I know, it's water/bloat/toxins/will go back on once I start eating properly, but it's still 4 pounds and I'm pleased as punch!
Hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather!

4lbs in 4 days ! Wow ! And you know what . Weight is weight . Doesn't matter if it's water or fat , it's still weight off your frame and bones so well done you !

Well done you :) it sounds like you've figured out what wasn't helping and made changes. I know what you mean about the gurgling guts too :)

Thank you ladies! Very exciting stuff! Am chuffed, but nerves are kicking in today. Had my phonecall about admission times and what to expect when I arrived, when I was getting picked up etc....I guess it's all sinking in that it's actually happening now. What if I can't do it and I fail? What if something goes wrong? What if they open me up and find that I have something wrong with me? So many questions whirling around this evening! Also friends are asking me about meeting up and making plans post-op. Obviously they have no idea but I'm just in a panic about how long it will take to feel 'right' and what excuses I can make for not eating (because it's guaranteed to be a meal out somewhere!) I tend to be a bit of a 'go-with-the-flow-er' so I think they might cotton on if I suddenly insist on going somewhere with soup lol. I really am worrying about the most ridiculous things this evening! Sorry for rambling! x

I've had a bit of that too and suggested a drink instead where possible. I've got a wedding in August and I'm worried about who I'm going to be sat with and how I barely eat a 3 course meal without being obvious so I definitely don't think you're being ridiculous :)

Thank you Fee. It's always so lovely to know that whatever I'm worrying about, someone else has been there! Oh no, weddings can be awkward at the best of times- have you had a choice of food or is it a get what your given situation? Perhaps a sly move on to hubbys plate? I think that's the thing my DH is looking forward to the most- having my leftovers!

Well it'll have to be gluten free but otherwise no idea what we'll get. I'm sure my annoyingly same size as 17 years ago husband will be happy to help with any leftovers :)

So tomorrow is d-day. Nerves kicking in, having a major panic my liver hasn't shrunk enough. That I've completely done the lsd incorrectly and I've ballsed the whole thing up so to speak lol...paranoia kicking in big time! Lost 6 pounds this week so pretty chuffed with that! Trying to stay positive that I'll never see those 6 pounds again but just can't quite see myself as actually being successful at losing weight. EVER. Looking forward to it being over and me being a few weeks post op so pain is gone and I'm in my own bed lol. Argh can't believe I'm doing this!

Your op is tomorrow ? Wow !
All the best and we will be waiting for you over here when you become a great big loser !
Xxxxx

Good luck! Keep talking deep breathes and trust yourself and your team. We'll be here when you get back and we're all rooting for you x

Yes country- has come around very quickly! Haven't decided if this is good or bad yet haha! Thank you everyone- looking forward to sitting on the losers bench! Feeling sick with nerves this evening. I knew I was too calm in the run up lol! X

Thank you starry. Waiting for driver to pick me up now, sick with worry! Also so tired as couldn't sleep- wonder if he'll mind me nodding off?!?! Is going to be a long drive!

Back