• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What should I do?!?!

Hey chick .. Lots and lots of luck and keep us updated ..xxxx

I'm banded! Touchwood has been a breeze so far pain wise. Obviously a bit of throbbing on middle wound which I'm assuming would be the bigger one? Had a cup of tea and all ok...although could eat a scabby horse. God what's wrong with me! I'm sure wiring my mouth shut would be more effective lol.
All staff are lovely, remember asking when I woke up if I'd fit in a size 10 wedding dress yet and whether they'd definitely given me a band and not bigger boobs or anything. God I'm such a nightmare with anaesthetic lol!
Thanks for all your advice over the last few weeks all of you. Means the world. Although now the fun really starts! Couldn't actually imagine being this side so may be lots of questions when it's all settled down!

Hope all went well today and your comfortable, look forward to hearing all about your op. :)

I much prefer your reaction to anaesthetic to mine, it sounds hilarious :D
I hope you have a comfortable night and welcome to the losers bench x

Thank you girls. Am feeling good! Expect the worse and be surprised Have a medium band with 2mls in so subconsciously I feel that I've got a head start. Although have been drinking tea like it's going out of fashion so perhaps I'm not quite there yet lol! Was expecting it to be a struggle to have fluids and def expected more pain than this! Am secretly quite chuffed with myself for taking charge of myself and actually doing this lol!

I think you're totally entitled to be very proud of yourself :0clapper:

Lol thank you Fee! It's just such an odd feeling...I don't do things like this! I'm a nervy nelly overthinking everything yet here I am less than 6 weeks later! Have bull well and truly by the horns!

Well done you! Enjoy your new life!

Lol thank you Fee! It's just such an odd feeling...I don't do things like this! I'm a nervy nelly overthinking everything yet here I am less than 6 weeks later! Have bull well and truly by the horns!
And you're going to ride that bull to Slimtown.....

I'll get me coat :p

So feeling a bit sorry for myself today. My throat is quite inflamed from the tube and wind pain is very sore. Started trumping today though so every cloud and all that lol. Sleeping pattern shot to ribbons last night- I'm very much a 10pm-6.30am girl but didn't get to sleep till gone midnight and was awake from 3.30. Did get some washing done so I guess I shouldn't complain but been napping on and off all morning so annoyed with myself that I've messed up my sleeping for tonight.
Sorry for waffling, I know I've done the right thing, I know it will get easier and THG have called today and reassured me, but just feeling a bit fed up this morning!

Hey chick ! Congrats on your new band !
It is a bit emotional , I remember crying like am idiot over something silly on the telly ! Don't be hard on yourself it all good and you'll soon see those pounds melting away and replacing those tears for smiles
Rest , nap and fart is my post op recipe :)
Mindy
Xxxx

Haha now that's a recipe I think I can stick to! Thank you Mindy:)
Just feel so silly for getting worked up about everything today. I knew what I was letting myself in for so I just need to man up and focus! Unfortunately it's usually a Chinese takeaway and a large glass of red which helps me focus so am at a bit of a loss haha! Struggling to get anything down me too, don't get me wrong it's going down physically fine, but there just isn't that desire to have anything. It's taking me a long old time to drink a cup of tea and sips of NAS juice is more than enough at the mo. Have had a few mouthfuls of yoghurt and I need to start thinking about having some soup and a glass of milk really but I don't want to push it. I want the taste of something in my mouth, but don't want to actually swallow it if that makes sense?
How many calories were you ladies taking in to begin with? I need to concentrate on protein and fibre but finding it a bit tricky with just fluids- any suggestions would be a huge help! x

I have not counted calories since my band was fitted . For the first few weeks , like you , I didn't want to eat . Not in pain or anything , but just didn't want to eat and maybe cause a problem . I'm still like that actually . Very choosy with what I eat . Tomatoskins and apple peel are are on my won't eat list .its not that Ive been told not to eat them , I choose not to as I'm wary of the skins maybe sitting across the band hole ? I know it's unlikely but I'm not taking any chances , just something that my head has invented lol . I havnt eaten bread either .. Pasta really does not agree with me now , makes me so bloated and uncomfortable .
Don't worry about your calorie intake . You are not on a diet any more .. We all know diets don't work in the long run and the very mention of that word can make me cringe and dive for chocolate Roflll !
Concentrate from now on , on protein .. It's very important to keep the carb demon from surfacing .. So fill up on protein , then veg then if your still hungry a small amount of carbs ..
This is how I am eating now .. A bloody English breakfast is perfect ! No fried bread though :(
So no calorie count . Eat until comfortably full . I tend to stop maybe half way through and wait for a few mins and by doing that I find I've had enough to eat .. Don't forget in those few mins the food in your throat will have made its way down to your stomach and then your full ..
Look up protein recipies and try a few out .. You'll be suprised
I said in my diary that on the day of the op , something changed in me . I can't put my finger on it , but my life is no longer run around what I'm going to eat next and what sweets are on offer , or if I can catch the bakery and get a cake ..
I've changed and I love it !
Mindy
Xxxx

Get some protein whey of the Internet and use that in home made smoothies .. I loved them at this early stage and have a smoothie day once a week ..
My fav smoothie
Coconut milk
Greek yogurt
Scoop of protein powder
Spoon peanut butter
Pineapple pieces
Lump of frozen spinach

Yum yum !

Thank you for the advice Mindy! Really did have a bit of a down in the dumps day yesterday, but feeling a lot more positive this morning! Will definitely have a look at getting some of the whey protein- there seems to be so many different types though, is there a specific one I should be going for? I'm craving chicken and eggs yesterday and today so I guess that could be a lot worse?! Not that I can have either of these things as I'm still on fluids :( :( but does make a welcome change from craving the sweet stuff!
On another note, confessed to my mother yesterday about the surgery...she was pretty gutted I hadn't told her earlier so she could have been there with me, but I just didn't want her to worry. She seemed fairly calm about the whole thing, but I know she's not convinced by WLS and she suggested that it was unnecessary as I'm 'not THAT big' and I'm 'far too young' to have surgery of any type. I get it, I understand her concerns but surely she can't expect me to have just sat and waited until I got bigger, surgery got riskier, co-morbities set in and more of my life was wasted wishing I was someone different. What's done is done now and I just have to channel all my energy in proving her wrong.

Any one that says protein whey .. You can get some I Holland and Barratts but I have bought a pot in Home Bargains this last month that's a way lot cheaper . I wanna say £5 a pot but maybe not , can't remember .
You've done the right thing with your surgery .. You've tackled it before you got bigger and older . So you've deff made the right choice ..
As for savoury items .. Try a tin of tomato soup with a spoon of Bovril stirred in . Chicken soup , just sieve the bits out for now , but I lived on the tomato soup for those few weeks .. It was yummy ! If you have a Boswells near you then try their tomato soup , omg it's so good ! Also some do the spicy squash soup for that extra savoury bite .. All good for you ..
You could dice chicken up and blitz it with some soup so it's very whizzed down for extra protein hit .
Mindy
Xxx

Thanks Mindy- to the rescue once again! :) :)Will keep an eye out, think I may get vanilla flavour as will be more versatile with different things.
Yes have a Boswell's in our local town- always used to go in there for ham egg and chips when my mum came to visit. Never would have thought to try a soup instead!
Have had a blitzed cauliflower cheese today and one of those ambrosia banana custard pots. Overall eaten and drank a lot more today- according to myfitnesspal have managed 850 cals. Definitely feeling it though and really a lot of that cauliflower cheese was head hunger. I know I didn't eat much compared to before band- I bulk cook and freeze it and one of the Tupperware pots of cauliflower cheese would be a side vegetable for my main meal so for this to be my main meal of the day I know I'm not doing too badly. Still feel I've pushed it in terms of it not being strictly fluid- but then again neither is soup. Think I'm punishing myself for eating anything that isn't water or a shake at the mo! Felt very gurgly for rest of the day but did have my first BM! Only a small one (sorry!) but still a success! I'm a once/twice a day girl so the last four days have been a very odd feeling haha!
The last few days have been a real test, of course having the normal post-op aches, pains, wind etc, but one ofmy big downfalls is boredom eating. My intake when I'm at work compared to a day off...well it might as well be two different women! But the last few days I haven't been able to gorge for something to do so have felt quite lost. BUT I have managed! Will be relieved to get back to work on Monday though- much easier to be regimented with my eating!
On another note, have been binge watching come dine with me for most of the afternoon....Clearly I'm a glutton for punishment!

One week post op....13st! So lost 10.5lbs in two weeks! (Put on 3 in the pre-pre op haha!) am chuffed!
Did lose more the week I did the lsd- 6 compared to 4lbs this week, but I'm not sniffing at it! I'm chuffed! Waiting for a stall so trying to look at the long game but just so happy! Starting to think I could actually be successful here, which I haven't dared to believe x

Back