• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what time is your last meal of the day ?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
hi to all of any procedure x, just out of curiosity, when do you all have your last food/evening meal, i try to stick to old diet advice of not consuming any food calories after 6pm, i have my evening meal between 5-6pm and i do not usually have a supper as i dont believe in going to bed on calories, the odd time i have some thing on a sat night before bed because ive had a drink , but i pay the price dearly as it makes me get up and vomit so i try not to at the weekend.

liz xxx

Good question liz..
Im terrible for eating too late. I also leave too long between meals which is a habit I need to break.
Take today for example, I had dinner at 12 then didnt eat again until 9pm. Its bad to go to sleep on calories like you say.

hi bex out of interest why 9pm ? is that because of work times ect ?

Mines usually between 6pm & 7pm as thats what time hubby gets home from work and I like to eat with him. Usually about an hour later I have either a few starburst sweets & Or a Skinny cow ice lolly.

Well ive just finished uni for the year and when I had a structured day I managed to eat better but now im job hunting I find that I just forget to eat until later on really. Pre-op - This would cause me to gorge at night thus the weight problem but now (or rather when I get my fill) I wont be able to chow down like before.

fgs alot of wls ppls habbits revolve around there o/h and there eating patterns, i now eat on my own as it didnt fit in with my needs/routine and i now have my own set time clock for eating patterns that i have learned to get in to for my eating habbits but its understandably different for banders as they have a set out 3 meals a day thing that took me along time to ajust and get used to xxx

i understand bypassers have a totally different eating routine to banders xxx

Last edited:
Well If i am totally honest about my eating pattern I only have 3 meals a day, Breakast,Dinner,Tea and do not snack inbetween, I still don't have my appitite back at the moment and I have to watch the clock and make sure i eat something as I can easily forget because i never get hungry. I know this will change in time, and i will get my appitite back.

I have my last full meal between 5pm and 6pm and if I have a supper later its normally some cheese

my main meal in the evening i have about 5 i never snack during the day i eat a weeny breckfast as i struggle with it i have a small lunch then evening meal and i will have a yogurt about 7 and if im hungry then i will have crackers with cheese triangle on about 9.30 i dont worry about calories at night but dont like going to bed feeling to full so eat last main meal befor 7 at the latest

I haven't found my routine yet. Like today I haven't had anything yet. I still have not been able to get in a routine of having breakfast. I am so busy in the morning get the kid ready taking them to school etc and then getting to work. Lunch is usually something like soup or salad, although soup i snot good for banders. Then in the evening I haven't found a good time as I can't exercise on a full stomach but can't go out to walk until after 7 so it is more like 8.30 before I eat.

At the moment it is not effecting the weight loss etc but I know that this will change and that I need to try and get my 3 meals a day in and eat my evening meal earlier. Trouble is I don't get in work until 6 and then I have the kids to sort out and get to bed.

Any sugestion would be greatfully appreciated.

I've usually eaten by 5pm!!!! I have a cup of skinny cow mint choc then as a treat to keep me going til bed!

I usually have dinner between 6-7pm in the evening. Occasionally if I fancy something later I will.

The body doesn't know what time of day it is, that's a concept man invented, so a calorie is a calorie whatever time of day. Eating late does not make you fatter but going to bed on a very full tummy can give you indigestion....:D

I do not eat at set times because my sleeping pattern is erractic, what ever time I do get up , I have cuppa t and brekkie str8 away as I am usually famished................and then I have lunch 3 - 4 hours later and same with dinner. With regards to snacks I am not a big snacker - hardly anything at all tbh. but if I do fancy a nibble or am peckish, i have ricecakes/piece of fruit/a carrot etc I dont eat anything big as I know when I had a tube down me throat (endosocopy, I think its called) they told me If I go to bed say @ 10pm I should not eat no later then 5pm.................always allow 5 hours after last meal before going to bed as any access foods left in your tummy (I guess) will turn into fat when u lay down to sleep. Dont know if this is true or if they was scaremongering me , but thought I'd share it with you all the same.

Good thread liz

All the best - MeJulie xx

i can only eat when my body wants it lol

morning i had some fruit salad and plain yog.

i had a snack wrap from Mcdonalds yesterday at around 4 ..

then i had more fruit salad at 11 pm

that was my day of food ..

so i eat when i can no matter what the time ..

At night your body has slowed down, along with all of your metobolic functions...meaning that you are burning calories at a much slower pace. The food that you eat is more likely to be stored as fat since your body doesn't need it for a whole lot of energy. Therefore, it is better to eat the bulk of your calories EARLIER in the day. (Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince, and Dinner like a peasant... Helps me remember!) :) Just wish I could keep to it.

Last edited:
bypassers have there own set routine as remebering when to eat, banders always know what time the next meal is due and work on a clock xxx

I don't...LOL.

I have usually have breakfast when I get up, and that can be anywhere between 7-9am, but sometimes I am tight, so have a couple of cuppa's first to open things up a bit, so breakfast can roll towards 11am...

I then have lunch when the urge for more food takes me, sometimes I have to remind myself I need food during the day as I don't actually get that hungry, so it's usually something light.

Dinnertime is more regulated as I cook for my other half, as I am not working and he is. So thats often at 6pm.

I have never been a person to do routine, there are things I need to do and they get done but to my own rythmn.

I guess thats what makes the world tick, we are all different, no pidgeon holes, no set rules.

:D

hiya everyone...\o.. am back.. hope you are all ok..

And after reading this, just thought would share..

1stly - am glad to see it isn't just me with 'eating when body says you are hunrgy' syndrome (hiya Brett...\o...) but am aware sometimes this can cause problems..

2ndly - as for meal routine - simple.. I dont have one.. my tummy rumbles = hungry = I eat

but.. its normally wake anywhere betewen 8am and half 10 - depending on whether or not have slept due to pain amin at the moment then @ 12noon I'll have a fist sized jacket potato with sandwich filler or toast topper on or a 'meal soup' from heinz which will keep me full til @ half 6 - 7pm then will have mince n mash or casserole or prawn salad then options hot choc from @ 8pm til bed.. but if doo feel nibbly at all - then its either a yoghurt or will have 1 or 2 crackerbread with a slice of ham on one and cream cheese on the other.. or lemon curd..

biggest thing I still struggle with is keeping fluid intake up enough.. I know am not drinking enough but as with eating - if am not thirsty, I dont drink..

Back