• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WORRIED ABOUT A FELLOW BANDER

BlueDiamond

HI e1

my friend had a fill on fri 24th July 09 and just had had her first "slop" meal, today after 9 days being on liquids and i am worried that she is not consuming enough calories as she has only had one "slop" meal today and thats it. I have tried softly softly approach but messages doesnt seem to be getting through that one meal a day isnt going to give her the strength, and essentials she needs. Any words of wisdom I could give to her, I know ultimately the balls in her court but I feel she could do more harm then good if she carries on eating one meal a day.

Thanks for readin

All the best - MeJulie x

Julie I'm sure Liz will be here soon to advise you. I only have 1 meal a day but I have slim fast shakes to replace the others. It is hard getting the meals in, I know I struggle now hence why I'm drinking the slimfast.Good luck in getting through to her and maybe you could suggest her having supplement shakes to replace the lost meals.xx

while I've been struggling I've been adding original complan to soups and milky drinks to boost my calorie intake...it can be tough this food business :sigh:

I agree with Gaynor Julie, maybe she is finding it hard just starting on slops and as a friend I am sure she would appreciate you telling her about protein intake and shakes etc.
Holland and Barratt have the Whey Protein powder half price this week at £12.49 and in Strawberry Choc and Vanilla also have a no flavour which is the one I went for as hate flavoured drinks so there is something for everyone.
Just try and impress on her that she could be really poorly if she doesnt have enough protein and other vitamins and nutrients.
Hope this helps

Jay xx

tell her if she doesnt eat enough she wont loose weight properly because her body will go into starvation mode she will just get rundown and ill . but dont feel bad she is a grown person and if she wants to abuse herself it her choice just recommend eating better or slimfast and if she cant eat more than sloppies then she maybe to tight

hi julie if today was her 1st time on slop then she will need time to ajust to the different texures as its all a learning curve, im sure she will introduce other meals into her daily intake as time goes on as she will become more hungry at some point and will want to experiment more with food ideas, as gaynor says the liquid meal replacements is a good idea for now until she finds the confidence to try more.

i hope that helps

liz x

Back