• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to drink,,.....

xxnikkilxx

Hi I am 2 days post op had band fitted by dr sigurdsson at dolan park. I am having smoothies, water, tea and soups is this ok?? Everything seems to be going down ok xx thanks

Congrats, I'm 2 weeks post op from Dolan park and that's what I was having as well as slim fast shakes with an extra scoop of skimmed milk powder x

Hey congrats start of a new journey I keep smelling food lol but don't feel as tho I cud eat it. Everything fluids seems to be going down ok tho I'm having Heinz tomato and chicken. Wind pain is a killer lol x

My wind pain lasted just over 1 week, I was in tears some nights, but since I've been back at work this week it has eased a lot. I still feel pain in my shoulder and left ribs when I take a deep breath in. Nothing seemed to ease my pain :0(
My toughest part is when my partner arrives home from work at 9:30pm and starts cooking, I can handle cooking for my daughter in the evening because I have a soup with her. Can't wait to move on to mushy foods next week, I've been dreaming of omelette lol. Keep strong your doing well x

You can have anything in liquid form as long as its the consistency of being able to pass through a straw (dont drink through a straw tho as it adds to wind pain)

So, milk - milkshakes with NAS crusha, milky coffees etc
fruit juice, vegetable juices, actimel, drinking yoghurt, custard, soups (with any bits removed), yoghurts (no bits), oxo, bovril or stock cube, low cal hot chocolate, ovaltine, horlicks. Water, no added sugar squash

:)

Back