• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to have - on liquids?

On liquids as only banded on Thursday and am really struggling getting in the calories. I have inputted my intake on Myfitnesspal and have only have had just over 300 calories. What can I have to up my calories but not fill me too much????

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
I didn't count calories myself but I would have slimfast for breakfast, soup and yoghurt for lunch and usually soup again for tea. Not very exciting I know, but there are lots of different flavours of soup to try.
ooo...jelly too and ice lollys.

Miss hungry said:
I didn't count calories myself but I would have slimfast for breakfast, soup and yoghurt for lunch and usually soup again for tea. Not very exciting I know, but there are lots of different flavours of soup to try.
ooo...jelly too and ice lollys.

Ooo a lolly sounds nice. I read on another thread that less than 900 calories and your body goes into starvation mode. I had some slimfast for breakfast but only managed about a quarter of the bottle. Had 2 little petite filous, 2 half cups of soup, a tea, a coffee and water. I don't feel hungry but feel that I should get some calories in.

katiebaby

Hi Chopster, how are things going? How is the healing? I'm the same as you, finding it hard to get my calorie intake up so that I can at least heal. I have been having solero, soup, smoothies, blancmange and angel delight. It isn't really enough, but I have a dreadful thirst and by the time I have quenched that there isn't much room for much else :(

mandymoo

Asda do a nice smoothies in a carton - really yummy as time saving. How long are u on liquids x

Asda do a nice smoothies in a carton - really yummy as time saving. How long are u on liquids x

Hi Mandy,

I got a carton of Innocent smoothie from the shop this morning so hopefully that will up the calorie intake. I am on liquids for 2 weeks in total. I was banded on thursday.

Hi Chopster, how are things going? How is the healing? I'm the same as you, finding it hard to get my calorie intake up so that I can at least heal. I have been having solero, soup, smoothies, blancmange and angel delight. It isn't really enough, but I have a dreadful thirst and by the time I have quenched that there isn't much room for much else :(

Hi Katie,

Hope you are ok going back to work today. I have got all this week as annual leave so am going to veg out and watch lots of films on Sky! Unfortunately can't have a lie in as have to take daughter to school. Solero has got me thinking now.... I wonder if we could have a little plain ice cream :eatdrink051:

I am not quite so thirsty but am sick of having my tea/coffee/soup go cold before I am halfway through!

How are your wounds? I was told not to take the dressings off for 5 days but I am dying to take them off now to have a look. I have a lovely bruise where my port is :sign0137:

Did Mr Super put your band in empty or did he fill it a bit? Mr Sigurdsson put 4ml in mine!!

Take care and keep in touch x

Sharon

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
Ooo a lolly sounds nice. I read on another thread that . I had some slimfast for breakfast but only managed about a quarter of the bottle. Had 2 little petite filous, 2 half cups of soup, a tea, a coffee and water. I don't feel hungry but feel that I should get some calories in.
I didn't know about less than 900 calories and your body goes into starvation mode! That could be why I only lost 1lb the first week! Duh!
xxx

katiebaby

Hi Sharon
First day back at work not good at all, was in a great deal of pain and my wound has started bleeding again.

I had not sorted myself out food properly so had taken strong painkillers in the morning on an empty stomach. I ended up taking a cheesy triangle, small smoothie and actimel to work for lunch, which just wasn't enough. Sat at my desk almost asleep and feeling decidedly sick. Then had awful shoulder pain so had to try to dissolve some ordinary paracetomol, which took ages. Have just been shopping so have bought proper food for tomorrow and some nurofen melts for painkillers so hopefully it is onwards and upwards from here.

Have just worked out my calorie intake for today and it only comes to 690 although I have eaten what feels like a lot since I have been in. Have just had a lovely bowl of tomato soup with cheese melted into it - thanks Sarah, absolutely fabby idea, never thought I would be able to have cheese again :)

I had Mr Super and he glues your cuts, they look ok, but the glue is beginning to crumble and catch on my clothes, which is why I think the port one was bleeding this morning :(

I was told at the hospital that he put 1.5 ml in a 14ml band, but received a GP letter saying that the band was empty. Will have to wait until I go to my first fill to find out I guess. Do you feel as if you have restriction? I don't know how much I could eat, I'm too frightened to test it to be honest.

I would imagine you are ok to have ice cream at the moment, as we are only on fluids it is difficult to get up to 1,000 calories a day, but I would imagine that when we are on normal foods ice cream will be a no no.

Take care and enjoy your week with your feet up :)

Oh no Katie, is there no chance you could book a couple of days holiday at all? It sounds like you have gone back to work too early.

What have you got to eat for tomorrow? I too have just had tomato soup with grated cheese in and it was lush - no ill effects. I am not too sure about my restriction at the moment, I guess I will fund out more when I am on solid food.

Have you took your dressings off? I have 6 holes in total, 2 tiny - one of which you can hardly see, 2 medium which are glued but giving me no trouble as not very crispy and the 2 main ones which are covered. Am debating whether to have a soak in the bath tonight and take the dressings off.

Forgot to say that I tried a chocolate pudding today which went down nicely. It was the same size and consistency of one of those Petite Filous fromage frais. Also had a tiny glass of mango and passion fruit smoothie. I tend to be eating tiny amounts but about 5 times a day, no real set meal times as such.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Sharon x

mandymoo

The Chopster said:
Hi Mandy,

I got a carton of Innocent smoothie from the shop this morning so hopefully that will up the calorie intake. I am on liquids for 2 weeks in total. I was banded on thursday.

I was lucky I only had to stay on liquids for 1 week :)

Maura

hi chopster, u are doing well. try ambrosia custard.. thats what I had at least once a day. its so filling and lovely.

Loooy72

I am only on fluids for a week and my surgeon said soup and yogurt- "but remember low fat ones!!!"so i am struggling to get 500 calories!! maybe i should try and get some more calories in as i weighed myself this morning and was gutted to have lost only 2lbs since my surgery 6 days ago!!

Will try the cheese in soup trick and some angel delight i think!!

Hi there,

I was told for these first 2 weeks not to have low cal stuff ie have normal soup like Heinz cream of tomato not slim a soups as we need the calories to recover from the op. Once we are on mushies then it's back to low cal. Remember we need to hit 900 calories! I have lost 6lb since my surgery on Thursday so must be doing something right. Don't let your body get into starvation mode as it will hang on to every calorie it can x