• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What To Buy For Hospital Stay?

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
I've made my decision and I'm getting pretty excited about it...!

Tomorrow I am going into town to pick up things I'm going to need when I go into hospital so...

Any ideas on what I'll need?

So far I have:

A Dressing Gown.

That's it. Lol!

I am going to be buying a couple of new nighties, new slippers and some new knicks.... :)

I can't wait until I am in the same position.. ;-)

I'm sure there is a post which showed what you should take with you, I remember seeing it a while back, I'm sure one of the regulars will be on to tell us where it is - hope so anyway!!

So...

I went to ASDA and bought one each of those travel size shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant and mouthwash (£1 each and 4 for £3) I also bought some hairbands and a pack of babywipes, as well as new wash cloths and a towel (both pink of course)!

Also I went into Peacocks and they currently have offers on pj mix and match sets. Buy one piece (top or trousers) and get another half price. So I picked up 2 trousers and 2 vest tops, a pair of slippers and the all important support garments! EEEEK! They are the ones that go from the waist down into a pair of shorts. £7 each and I got 2 of them.

Keep thinking that I've forgotten something though...

Make a list and cut it in half,you dont use most of what you think you will!Big size pjs,a pillow for travelling home,toiletries,slippers,moby and camera.Didnt use dressing gown,towels.laptop,books,mags etc.Didnt have time or inclination!You wont need knickers either(especially the fellas!)

Pj's might be a problem as you will have the drains in which in my case were very low so no knickers either, as for the support garments it depends what TT u are having if it's a fleur de leyes you will need a full body suit type which looks a bit like a swim suit.

The things I used in the hospital were:

2 nighties (2 sizes bigger to allow for swelling ect)
Toothbrush n toothpaste
Slippers
Deodorant
Dressing gown
Hairbrush
And that's about it, I wasn't allowed to have a shower for 7 days after the op so no need for shampoo n shower gel ect

Hey Staffy,

Thanks for the info.

I suppose if I have my baby wipes I can kind of freshen up and keep my hair up I'll be fine. I guess I probably won't feel like doing much anyway!

I'm having a normal hip to hip TT. At the Seminar they showed photos and the drains were in the very tops of the legs.

The type of support garments go from under the boobs and down into shorts. They were bought on the recommendation of the Nurse as she said that swelling may extend down to the tops of the legs. Although thinking about it if the drains are at the tops of the legs I may go and grab a couple of support garments that look like a strapless swimming costume.

Ohhh! What to do?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I took pjs, 2 nighties, dressing gown, deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, baby wipes, a flannel & a pen. Anything you forget or don't need, you can always ask your vistors to take away or bring for you. I was in hospital for 5 days and took 3 showers and had a few washes at my bedside as my PS wanted me to be as mobile as possible, even though I felt quite tired!

Clair x

Back