• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's happened to my head

JOWOOD4

I have been doing really well since having the band fitted in June 2010 and have lost 71lbs quite easily. I was desperate to get to the overweight category instead of obese but since I've done it a switch in my head has flipped. I keep wanting all of the wrong food and seem to have just enough nautiness every day to put me over the calorie limit.
Why am I doing it? It's crazy - like a self destruct button has been pressed. I only have about a stone to go but feel I am running in the wrong direction.
Thinking I don't need a tummy tuck but a brain transplant to put me back on the right track :copon:
JO XX

This sounds like self-sabotage and a bit of reward mentality as well. You think yay I've reached a goal, I deserve a reward!

Self sabotage is usually associated with self esteem. You feel unworthy of being slim and healthy or anxiety over the changes in your life being slim might bring, attention from men, maybe a pressure to meet a certain image, no longer being the big bubbly girl etc. Your subconscious reacts by trying to sabotage your efforts and take you back to the known and therefore safe status of being overweight.

Try working on your self esteem for a while to see if that helps. A simple exercise is standing facing the mirror every day and saying to yourself a few time your own mantra, something like I am a beautiful person and deserve to be slim and healthy. Have a look at some self esteem books, I can really recommend 'feel the fear and do it anyway' by Susan Jeffers.

Hth,

Shel x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree entirely with Shell, its just another form of self-harm really.....I dont deserve to be slim so therefore I will sabotage my efforts! You need to get it into your head that you deserve to be slim and lots more too! XX

Back