• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats Wrong With Baby Food

Snowcrystal

I was just wondering about diet just after the bypass operation and wondered why not eat baby foods as there are smooth ones and then the next stage ones with the bits in.

Would they be nutritional enough?..and or safe enough?

{hugs)

Well I had one but it looked like puke and tasted little better. Bletch.

ive got 2 or 3 pured fruit ones in for wen ive been done i though they would be good

I used them during puree, I added salt and a sprinkle of cheese. I used Mum's Own Recipe by Heinz which I thought was pretty good. I also did a few of the fruit type ones which were okay but not wonderful.

Overall, I felt they had good nutritional value and made for an easy meal when I was a new pre-op and didn't have the hang of cooking for half a person, lol!

Nic:D

I was just wondering about diet just after the bypass operation and wondered why not eat baby foods as there are smooth ones and then the next stage ones with the bits in.

Would they be nutritional enough?..and or safe enough?

{hugs)

My reason for not eating it is because its minging I wouldnt even feed it to my daughter when she was a baby lol

This question was asked to one of the dietitians at a meet up session and the reason they gave was that baby food is extremely watered down and does not provide enough nutritional content for adults. HTH :)

Thank you everyone for posting a reply to this thread....I should look at the recipe threads to see what you all actually eat but I wondered if it might be a good option as these meals were designed to help a baby grow.

I looked at them today in Sainsbury's to see the protein and carb value...I thought the protein value was too low as I'm under the impression that you guys have to have a vary high protein content...Please correct me if I'm wrong...In fact do you guys actually look at the ratio aspect of protein, carbs?..Or do you just eat meat and two veg in much smaller portions?

Thanks again

{and hugs}

Back